End User License Agreement
READ THIS end user license AGREEMENT (“EULA”) BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE PRODUCT TO WHICH THIS EULA APPLIES. BY ACCEPTING THIS EULA, COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, AND/OR INSTALLING OR USING THE PRODUCT, YOU AGREE ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR COMPANY (IF APPLICABLE) TO THE TERMS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, OR DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR COMPANY, DO NOT INSTALL, REGISTER FOR OR USE THE PRODUCT, AND DESTROY OR RETURN ALL COPIES OF THE PRODUCT. ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THIS, YOU MAY REQUEST FROM THE POINT OF PURCHASE A FULL REFUND OF THE LICENSE FEES, IF ANY, PAID FOR THE PRODUCT (OR, IF THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED TO YOU AS A HOSTED SERVICE, A REFUND OF THE PREPAID SERVICE FEES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD OF THE PRODUCT). SUCH REQUEST MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF DELIVERY OF THE PRODUCT TO YOU. UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THIS EULA, PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORPORATION IS THE LICENSOR OF THE PRODUCT. THE LICENSOR MAY BE REFERRED TO HEREIN AS “Licensor”, “we”, “us”, or “our”. IF YOU ARE AGREEING TO THIS EULA ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, THEN YOU ARE THE LICENSEE AND YOU MAY BE REFERRED TO HEREIN AS “Licensee”, “you”, or “your”. IF YOU ARE AGREEING TO THIS EULA ON BEHALF OF YOUR COMPANY, THEN YOUR COMPANY IS THE LICENSEE AND ANY REFERENCES TO “Licensee”, “you”, or “your” WILL MEAN YOUR COMPANY.
This EULA includes the following sections:
1. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – these terms apply to all Products;
2.A. TERMS FOR ON-PREMISE PRODUCTS – these terms apply to Products that you or Permitted Third Parties install on computers;
2.B. TERMS FOR HOSTED SERVICES – these terms apply to Products that we host;
3. PRODUCT FAMILY SPECIFIC TERMS – these terms apply to all Products that are part of the family of Products referenced in this section; and
4. PRODUCT SPECIFIC TERMS – these terms apply to specific Products referenced in this section.
1.GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1.1.“Affiliate” means any legal entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with you or us. For the purposes of this definition, “control” means ownership, directly or indirectly, of more than fifty percent (50%) of the voting shares or other equity interest in an entity.
- 1.1.2.“Applicable Laws” means national, federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations including, without limitation, those laws and regulations relating to data privacy and security in each applicable jurisdiction.
- 1.1.3.“Authorized Reseller” means a third party who is not our Affiliate and who is authorized by us or our Affiliate to resell the Product.
- 1.1.4.“Authorized User” means you, your employee or a third-party consultant or agent that you authorize to use the Product for your benefit in accordance with section 1.2.3 (Third Party Use).
- 1.1.5.“Documentation” means any technical instructions or materials describing the operation of the Product made available to you (electronically or otherwise) by us for use with the Product, expressly excluding any user blogs, reviews or forums.
- 1.1.6.“Hosted Services” means computer software program(s), content and related services provided by us on a software-as-a-service basis through computers we or our Affiliates or our respective contractors (including cloud infrastructure suppliers) control.
- 1.1.7.“Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all current and future (a) rights associated with works of authorship, including copyrights, mask work rights, and moral rights; (b) trademark or service mark rights; (c) trade secret rights; (d) patents, patent rights, and industrial property rights; (e) layout design rights, design rights, and other proprietary rights of every kind and nature other than trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and similar rights; and (f) registrations, applications, renewals, extensions, or reissues of any of (a) to (e) , in each case, in any jurisdiction throughout the world.
- 1.1.8.“On-Premise Product(s)” means computer software program(s) provided to you to download, install and use on computer(s) controlled directly or indirectly by you.
- 1.1.9.“Order” means a written or electronic order document entered into between you and us (or our Affiliate or an Authorized Reseller) for the Product.Unless an Order says something different, each Order will be governed by the terms of this EULA and include the name of the Product being licensed and any usage limitations, applicable fees, and any other details related to the transaction.
- 1.1.10.“Our Technology” means any software, code, tools, libraries, scripts, application programming interfaces, templates, algorithms, data science recipes (including any source code for data science recipes and any modifications to such source code), data science workflows, user interfaces, links, proprietary methods and systems, know-how, trade secrets, techniques, designs, inventions, and other tangible or intangible technical material, information and works of authorship underlying or otherwise used to make available the Product, including, without limitation, all Intellectual Property Rights therein and thereto.
- 1.1.11.“Permitted Third Party” has the meaning given in section 1.2.3 (Third Party Use).
- 1.1.12.“Product” means the On-Premise Product(s) or Hosted Services, as applicable, identified in an Order, and any Updates.
- 1.1.13.“Update” means any update, enhancement, error correction, modification or new release to the Product that we make available to you.
- 1.2.General License Terms, Restrictions and Order of Precedence.
- 1.2.1.General License Terms.The Product is licensed, not sold, to you by us under the terms of this EULA and the Order. The scope of license granted by us to you for the Product is set out in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) and section 4 (Product Specific Terms).
- 1.2.2.Authorized Users.Anything your Authorized Users do or fail to do will be considered your act or omission, and you accept full responsibility for any such act or omission to the extent you would be liable if it were your act or omission.
- 1.2.3.Third Party Use.You may allow your agents, contractors and outsourcing service providers (each a “Permitted Third Party”) to use the Product(s) licensed to you hereunder solely for your benefit in accordance with the terms of this EULA and you are responsible for any such Permitted Third Party’s compliance with this EULA in such use. Any breach by any Permitted Third Party of the terms of this EULA will be considered your breach.
- 1.2.4.Restrictions.Except as otherwise expressly permitted in this EULA, you will not (and will not allow any of your Affiliates or any third party to):
- copy, modify, adapt, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Product, Documentation, or any software, services, or other technology of third party vendor(s) or hosting provider(s) that we or our Affiliate engage;
- disassemble, decompile or “unlock”, decode or otherwise reverse translate or engineer, or attempt in any manner to reconstruct or discover the source code or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of the Product except as expressly permitted by law in effect in the jurisdiction in which you are located;
- rent, lease, sell, distribute, pledge, assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Product;
- make the Product available on a timesharing or service bureau basis or otherwise allow any third party to use or access the Product;
- remove or modify any proprietary notices, legends, or labels on the Product or Documentation;
- use or access the Product in a manner that: (i) violates any Applicable Laws; (ii) violates the rights of any third party; (iii) purports to subject us or our Affiliates to any other obligations; (iv) could be fraudulent; or (v) is not permitted under this EULA;
- use the Product to develop, test, support or market products that are competitive with and/or provide similar functionality to the Product; or
- permit your Affiliates to access or use the Product unless specifically authorized elsewhere in this EULA or the Order.
- 1.2.5.Limitations on Evaluation or Trial Licenses.If the Product is licensed to you on an evaluation or trial basis, then you may use the Product only for such purposes until the earlier of: (a) the end of the evaluation period, if any, specified in the Order, this EULA or otherwise communicated by us to you at the time of delivery; or (b) the start date of a paid for license to the Product; or (c) termination in accordance with the terms of this EULA. You may not extend the evaluation period by uninstalling and re-installing the Product(s) or by any other means other than our written consent. You must not use the Product in a production environment. You will be required to pay for a license for the Product at our then applicable license price if you continue to use the Product, whether in a production or non-production environment, after the evaluation license expires or terminates, and the terms and conditions of the EULA in effect at that time will apply to your continued use of the Product. A Product licensed to you on an evaluation or trial basis may be subject to one or more usage limits specified in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms), section 4 (Product Specific Terms), the Order or otherwise communicated at the time of delivery (including posting of such limits at the location where you download the Product for evaluation). We may, at our sole discretion, decide whether to offer any maintenance and support for the Product during the evaluation period, and to include any conditions or limits on such maintenance and support. You may not circumvent any technical limitations included in the Product licensed to you on an evaluation or trial basis.
- 1.2.7.Third Party Notices.The Product may contain or be accompanied by certain third-party components which are subject to additional restrictions. These components, are identified in, and subject to, special license terms and conditions which, in the case of On-Premise Product(s), are set out in the “readme.txt” file, the “notices.txt” file, or the “Third Party Software” file accompanying the Product or portions thereof, and in the case of Hosted Services, are set out in the third-party license agreement or notices that comes with the third-party component or is otherwise provided on the web page on which such third-party component is made available (“Special Notices”). The Special Notices include important licensing and warranty information and disclaimers. Unless otherwise expressly stated for a given third-party component, all such third-party components may be used solely in connection with the use of the Product subject to and in accordance with the terms and conditions of this EULA and the Special Notices. In the event of conflict between the Special Notices and the other portions of this EULA, the Special Notices will take precedence (but solely with respect to the third-party component(s) to which the Special Notice relates).
- 1.2.8.Order of Precedence between EULA and Order.If there is any conflict between the terms and conditions in the Order and the terms and conditions of this EULA, or if the Order changes any of the terms of this EULA, the terms and conditions of the Order will apply, except if the Order is between you and an Authorized Reseller, or the Order is issued/generated by you. In the case where the Order is between you and an Authorized Reseller, the terms of the Order will apply subject to the following: (a) any terms and conditions in the Order imposing obligations on the Authorized Reseller that are in addition to or different from the obligations we have to you pursuant to this EULA will be born solely by the Authorized Reseller and our obligations to you and limits on our liability will be governed solely by the terms and conditions of this EULA and (b) any terms and conditions that conflict with or would otherwise alter any of the following under this EULA will have no effect unless expressly agreed to in a written instrument executed by us: our ownership rights, yours and our confidentiality obligations, your export compliance obligations, limitations on your rights as a U.S. Government customer (if applicable), our audit rights, restrictions on your right to assign, our publicity rights or governing law and jurisdiction. In cases where the Order is issued/generated by you, the terms and conditions of Section 1.19.2. of this EULA, governing a purchase order or other document you supply in connection with this EULA, shall apply to such Order.
- 1.2.9.Order of Precedence within EULA.If there is any conflict among the terms and conditions of this EULA, or if a section changes the terms of another section within this EULA, the order of precedence will be as follows: first, section 4 (Product Specific Terms) (if any); second, section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) (if any); third, section 2.A (Terms for On-Premise Products) and/or section 2.B (Terms for Hosted Services), as applicable; and fourth and finally, section 1 (General Terms and Conditions).
- 1.3.License Types.
- 1.3.1.Overview of License Types.The license type for the Product will, unless otherwise specified in this EULA, be one of the following license types: perpetual, term or subscription.This will be confirmed in the Order or will be the default license type listed in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product Specific Terms).
- 1.3.2.Perpetual License Type.Your license to use the Product will continue in perpetuity unless earlier terminated in accordance with the terms of this EULA.
- 1.3.3.Term License Type.Your license to use the Product will continue until the expiration of the term identified in the Order unless earlier terminated in accordance with the terms of this EULA. If we continue to make the Product generally available to our customers, you may purchase a new term license for the Product from us or our Authorized Reseller.
- 1.3.4.Subscription License Type. Your license to use the Product will continue until the expiration of the subscription period identified in the Order unless earlier terminated in accordance with the terms of this EULA. The procedure for renewing your license to the Product is set out in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product Specific Terms). If you upgrade your subscription to the Product, the upgrade will take effect immediately and you will be charged and must pay the applicable fee, and the term of your then-current subscription period may be extended, as described at the time you upgrade. You may not downgrade a subscription to the Product.
- 1.5.Export Compliance and U.S. Government Customers.
- 1.5.1.Export Compliance.Export laws and regulations of the United States and any other relevant local export laws and regulations apply to the Products. You agree that such export control laws, including, without limitation, the U.S. Export Administration Act and its associated regulations, govern your use of the Product (including technical data), and you agree to comply with all such export laws and regulations (including “deemed export” and “deemed re-export” regulations). You agree that no data, information and/or Product (or direct product thereof) will be exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of these laws, or will be used for any purpose prohibited by these laws including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation, or development of missile technology.
- 1.5.2.U.S. Government Customers.If the Product is being acquired by or on behalf of the U.S. Government or by a U.S. Government prime contractor or subcontractor (at any tier), then the U.S. Government’s rights in the Product will be only as set out herein. The Product and Documentation are “commercial items” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, all U.S. Government end users acquire the Product and such Documentation with only those rights set out herein.
- 1.6.IP Ownership and Feedback.
- 1.6.1.IP Ownership.The Product, Our Technology, Documentation, and all other current or future intellectual property developed by us or our Affiliates, and all worldwide Intellectual Property Rights in each of the foregoing and all Updates, upgrades, enhancements, new versions, releases, corrections, and other modifications thereto and derivative works thereof, are the exclusive property of us or our Affiliates or our or their licensors or suppliers. Except for the rights and licenses expressly granted herein, all such rights are reserved by us and our Affiliates and our or their licensors and suppliers. All title and Intellectual Property Rights in and to the content that may be accessed through use of the Product is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content.
- 1.6.2.Feedback.If you provide us any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to Our Technology (collectively “Feedback”) you own the Feedback and you grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, license, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same without restriction or obligation of any kind, on account of confidential information, intellectual property rights or otherwise, and may incorporate into our products or services any service, product, technology, enhancement, documentation or other development (“Improvement”) incorporating or derived from any Feedback with no obligation to license or to make available the Improvement to you or any other person or entity. This is true whether you provide the Feedback through use of the Product or through any other method of communication with us, unless we have entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
- 1.7.1.Our Maintenance and Support Policies.If we offer and you purchase maintenance and support for the Product, then it will be provided in accordance with our then current maintenance and support policies for the applicable Product in effect at the time of purchase. You may access our maintenance and support policies by clicking on the applicable Product family link located at https://www.progress.com/support.
- 1.7.2.Maintenance and Support for Perpetual or Term License Types.For Perpetual and Term License Types, unless otherwise expressly stated by us in the Order, first year annual maintenance and support (if offered by us) is required for the Product and starts on the date the Product is delivered. Thereafter, you may choose to purchase annual maintenance and support (if offered by us). If you do not purchase renewal maintenance and support services for a Product, then you will not receive any maintenance and support services for that Product and will have no entitlement to any benefits of maintenance and support services including, bug fixes, patches, upgrades, enhancements, new releases or technical support. If you want to reinstate lapsed maintenance and support services on a Product, and we offer reinstatement to our customers, then you may re-instate maintenance and support services by paying the then-current fee, plus a reinstatement fee for the lapsed maintenance and support period in accordance with our maintenance and support reinstatement policies then in effect.
- 1.7.3.Maintenance and Support for Subscription License Type.If the license type for the Product licensed to you is the subscription license type, then maintenance and support (if offered by us) is included in the subscription fees for each subscription period.
- 1.8.Fees and Taxes.
- 1.8.1.Payment Terms and Taxes.All fees payable to us are payable in the currency specified in the Order, or if no currency is specified, in United States Dollars, are due within 30 days from the invoice date and, except as otherwise expressly specified herein, are non-cancellable and non-refundable. We may charge you interest at a rate of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less) on all overdue payments. You agree to pay any sales, value-added or other similar taxes imposed by applicable law that we must pay on such fees, except those based on our income. Invoices may be issued by our Affiliate. If you and we agree that you will pay by credit card, you will provide us with valid and updated credit card information and you authorize us to store such information and bill such credit card for all fees applicable: (a) at the time that you order the Product and (b) at the time of any renewal or upgrade.
- 1.8.2.Fees for Renewal Subscription Licenses.If the license type for the Product licensed to you is the Subscription License Type then each renewal subscription will be calculated at the then-current price offered for the Product at the time of renewal.
- 1.8.3.Fees for Renewal Maintenance Terms.If the license type for the Product licensed to you is a Perpetual license or Term license, then, unless otherwise specified in the Order or in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product-Specific Terms), the fee for an optional annual renewal maintenance and support term for the Product will be calculated based on the annual rate applicable for the initial maintenance and support term or immediately preceding renewal maintenance and support term, whichever is applicable, plus a rate increase, if applicable, calculated at the lesser of any standard price increase or CPI (or equivalent index) after applying any increases as a consequence of our Lifetime Support policy, if applicable.
- 1.8.4.Orders between You and Our Authorized Reseller.Notwithstanding the above terms of this section 1.8 (Fees and Taxes), if you purchased your license to the Product and/or maintenance and support from an Authorized Reseller, then the fees will be set out in the Order between you and the Authorized Reseller. The Authorized Reseller may be responsible for billing and/or collecting payment from you and if so, the billing and collection terms agreed to between you and the Authorized Reseller may differ from the terms set out in this section 1.8 (Fees and Taxes).
- 1.8.5.No Reliance on Future Availability of any Product or Update.You agree that you have not relied on the future availability of any Product or Updates in your purchasing decision or in entering into the payment obligations in your Order.
- 1.9.1.Authority.Each party represents and warrants that it has the legal power and authority to enter into this EULA.
- 1.9.2.Product Compliance with Documentation.We warrant to you that, for six (6) months from delivery (in the case of an On-Premise Product) or for the duration of the license (in the case of a Hosted Service), the Product will comply with the applicable Documentation in all material respects. Your exclusive remedy, and our sole liability, with respect to any breach of this warranty will be for us to use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly correct the non-compliance (provided that you notify us in writing within the warranty period and allow us a reasonable cure period).If we, at our discretion, reasonably determine that correction is not economically or technically feasible, we may terminate your license to the Product and provide you a full refund of the fees paid to us with respect to the Product (in the case of an On-Premise Product) or a refund of the prepaid fees for the unused portion of the license period (in the case of a Hosted Service). Delivery of additional copies of, or Updates to, the Product will not restart or otherwise affect the warranty period.
- 1.9.3.Warranty Exclusions.The warranty specified in section 1.9.2 (Product Compliance with Documentation) does not cover any Product provided on an unpaid evaluation or trial basis, or defects to the Product due to accident, abuse, service, alteration, modification or improper installation or configuration by you, your Affiliates, your or their personnel or any third party not engaged by us.
- 1.9.4.Warranty Disclaimers.EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTIES EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS SECTION 1.9 OR THE ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES (IF ANY) EXPRESSLY STATED IN SECTION 3 (PRODUCT FAMILY SPECIFIC TERMS) OR SECTION 4 (PRODUCT SPECIFIC TERMS), THE PRODUCT, DOCUMENTATION AND OUR TECHNOLOGYARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AVAILABILITY, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OPERATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. TO THE EXTENT THAT WE MAY NOT AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- 1.10.1.Our Indemnification Obligation.
- 188.8.131.52. Intellectual Property Infringement.We will defend you, and your officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all third party claims, lawsuits, and proceedings alleging that your use of the Product, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, constitutes a direct infringement or misappropriation of such third party’s patent, copyright or trade secret rights (the “IP Claim”), and we will indemnify you for damages finally awarded against you by a court of competent jurisdiction with respect to the IP Claim.
- 184.108.40.206. Exceptions.We will not indemnify you to the extent that the alleged infringement or misappropriation results from (a) use of the Product in combination with any other software or item not supplied by us; (b) failure to promptly implement an Update provided by us pursuant to 220.127.116.11 (Our Options); (c) modification of the Product not made or provided by us; or (d) use of the Product in a manner not permitted by this EULA. We also will not indemnify you if we notify you of our decision to terminate this EULA, and the license to the Product granted hereunder, in accordance with section 18.104.22.168 (Our Options) and you have not ceased all use of the Product within thirty (30) days of such notification.
- 22.214.171.124. Our Options.If a final injunction is, or we reasonably believe that it could be, obtained against your use of the Product, or if in our opinion the Product is likely to become the subject of a successful claim of infringement, we may, at our option and expense, (a) replace or modify the Product so that it becomes non-infringing (provided that the functionality is substantially equivalent), (b) obtain for you a license to continue to use the Product, or (c) if neither (a) nor (b) are reasonably practicable, terminate this EULA on thirty (30) days’ notice and, if the Product was licensed to you on a Perpetual License or Term License basis, refund to you the license fee paid to us for the Product less an amount for depreciation determined on a straight-line five year (or actual term if shorter) depreciation basis with a commencement date as of the date of delivery of the Product, or if the Product was licensed to you on a Subscription License basis, refund to you the unused portion of the fees paid in advance to us for the then-current subscription period for the Product. THE INDEMNIFICATION PROVISIONS SET OUT IN THIS SECTION 1.10.1 STATE OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFRINGEMENT OR ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT BY US OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF THE PRODUCT OR ITS USE.
- 1.10.2.Your Indemnification Obligation.
- 126.96.36.199. Indemnification for Third Party-Claims.To the extent permitted by applicable law, you will defend us and our Affiliates, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all third party claims, lawsuits, and proceedings that arise or result from (a) your breach of this EULA, (b) your use, distribution and/or licensing of the Redistributables, if applicable, except to the extent it arises from an IP Claim covered under section 1.10.1 above, or (c) your failure or alleged failure to comply with Applicable Laws or any violation of a third party’s rights in connection with your use of the Product (each a “Third-Party Claim” and collectively “Third-Party Claims”) and you will indemnify for damages finally awarded by a court of competent jurisdiction with respect to any Third-Party Claim.
- 1.10.3.Control of the Defense or Settlement. For any indemnification obligation covered in section 1.10.1,“Indemnifying Party” means us, “Indemnified Party” means you, and “Claim” means an IP Claim. For any indemnification obligation covered in section 1.10.2, “Indemnifying Party” means you, “Indemnified Party” means us, and “Claim” means a Third-Party Claim. The Indemnified Party must provide the Indemnifying Party with prompt written notice of a Claim; however, the Indemnified Party’s failure to provide or delay in providing such notice will not relieve the Indemnifying Party of its obligations under this section except to the extent the Indemnifying Party is prejudiced by the Indemnified Party’s failure or delay. The Indemnified Party will give the Indemnifying Party full control of the defense and settlement of the Claim as long as such settlement does not include a financial obligation on or admission of liability by the Indemnified Party. If the Indemnified Party does not do so, then the Indemnified Party waives the Indemnifying Party’s indemnification obligations under section 1.10.1 or 1.10.2, as applicable. The Indemnified Party will reasonably cooperate in the defense of the Claim and may appear, at its own expense, through counsel reasonably acceptable to the Indemnifying Party.
- 1.11.1.Confidentiality Obligations.Except as otherwise provided herein, each party agrees to retain in confidence all information and know-how transmitted or disclosed to the other that the disclosing party has identified as being proprietary and/or confidential or should reasonablybe understoodtobeconfidentialgiventhenatureoftheinformationandthecircumstances surrounding its disclosure, and agrees to make no use of such information and know-how except under the terms of this EULA. However, neither party will have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information that (a) it received rightfully from a third party without an obligation to maintain such information in confidence; (b) was known to the receiving party prior to its disclosure by the disclosing party; (c) is or becomes a matter of public knowledge through no fault of the receiving party; or (d) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of the confidential information of the disclosing party. Further, either party may disclose confidential information of the other party as required by governmental or judicial order, provided such party gives the other party prompt written notice prior to such disclosure (unless such prior notice is not permitted by applicable law) and complies with any protective order (or equivalent) imposed on such disclosure. You will treat any source code for the Product as our confidential information and will not disclose, disseminate or distribute such materials to any third party without our prior written permission. Each party’s obligations under this section 1.11 will apply during the term of this EULA and for five (5) years following termination of this EULA, provided, however, that (i) obligations with respect to source code will survive forever and (ii) trade secrets will be maintained as such until they fall into the public domain.
- 1.11.2.Product Benchmark Results.You acknowledge that any benchmark results pertaining to the Product are our confidential information and may not be disclosed or published without our prior written consent. This provision applies regardless of whether the benchmark tests are conducted by you or us.
- 1.11.3.Remedies for Breach of Confidentiality Obligations.Each party acknowledges that in the event of a breach or threat of breach of this section 1.11, money damages will not be adequate. Therefore, in addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, the non-breaching party will be entitled to seek injunctive or similar equitable relief against such breach or threat of breach without proof of actual injury and without posting of a bond.
- 1.12. Data Collection and Personal Data.
- 1.12.2. Additional Data Collection Terms.Depending on the Product licensed to you, this EULA may contain additional data collection terms in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product Specific Terms) and/or, if we are hosting the Product, in section 2.B (Terms for Hosted Services).
- 1.12.3. Your Personal Data. If you determine that you will be supplying us with your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Processing Addendum referenced below) for us to process on your behalf, in the provision of maintenance and support services or hosting services (if the Product licensed to you is a Hosted Service) or during the course of any audits we conduct pursuant to section 1.14 (Audit), you may submit a written request at email@example.com for the mutual execution of a Data Processing Addendum substantially in the form we make available at https://www.progress.com/docs/default-source/progress-software/data-processing-addendum.pdf and we will enter into such Data Processing Addendum with you. To the extent there is any conflict between this EULA and such Data Processing Addendum, the Data Processing Addendum will prevail with respect to our handling and processing of your Personal Data.
- 1.13.Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Certain Types of Damages.
- 1.13.1.Limitation of Liability.Except for a party’s indemnification obligations set OUT in this EULA OR A PARTY’S BREACH OF ITS CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 1.11 (CONFIDENTIALITY), or your material violation of our intellectual property rights or OF the license restrictions set OUT in this EULA, to the extent permitted by applicable law, IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY FOR all costS, damageS, and expenses ARISING OUt of or related to this EULA whether based upon warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise at law exceed, in the aggregate, the fees paid TO US FOr the producT AND/OR SErvice that is THE SUBJecT OF THE claim, proVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT IF THE FEES PAID FOR SUCH PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE ARE PAID ON A RECURRING BASIS, THEN the not to exceed limit will be the fees paid to us for the product aND/OR SERVICE DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE THE CLAIM AROSE. Our Affiliates and licensors, and the suppliers to us, our Affiliates or licensors, will, to the extent permitted by applicable law, have no liability to you or to any other person or entity for damages, direct or otherwise, arising out of this EULA, including, without limitation, damages in connection with the performance or operation of Our Products or our performance of services.
- 1.13.2 Disclaimer of Certain Types of Damages. Except for a party’s indemnification obligations set OUT in this EULA or your material violation of our intellectual property rights or the license restrictions set OUT in this EULA, to the extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will either party, its Affiliates or its licensors or their respective suppliers be liable for any special, indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive or tort damages arising in connection with this EULA or either party’s performance under this EULA or the performance of Our Products, or FOR any damages resulting from loss of use, loss of opportunity, loss of data, LOSS OF REVENUE, loss of profits, or loss of business, even if the party, its Affiliates, its licensors, or any of their respective suppliers have been advised of the possibility of those damages.
- We may install and use automated license tracking, management and/or enforcement solutions with the Product, which you may not disrupt or alter. You will maintain records in connection with this EULA and the use of the Product and any Updates and/or services provided hereunder. Such records will include at a minimum the number of licenses purchased and being used by you. At our expense and with reasonable written notice to you, we or a third party appointed by us may audit the records, and if necessary and as applicable, the systems on which the Product or any Update is installed for the sole purpose of ensuring compliance with the terms of this EULA. We will have the right to conduct audits as necessary. These audits may be conducted on site at a location where you have installed the Product, remotely from our offices, or a combination of both, if applicable to the Product. On-site audits will be conducted during regular business hours, and neither on-site nor remote audits will interfere unreasonably with your business operations. You agree to share with us copies of all records referenced herein, as well as Product log files and other information reasonably requested by us promptly following such request, but in no event more than five (5) business days following receipt of our written request (or such longer period, if applicable, that we specify in the written request). We will treat all such information obtained or accessed by us during the audit as confidential information pursuant to section 1.11 (Confidentiality) for use by us only as necessary to ensure compliance with and enforcement of the terms of this EULA. If any audit reveals that you have underpaid license, maintenance and support or subscription fees, you will be invoiced for all such underpaid fees based on our list price in effect at the time the audit is completed. If the underpaid fees exceed five percent (5%) of the fees previously paid by you, then you will also pay our reasonable costs of conducting the audit and enforcement of this EULA.
- 1.15.1.Termination for Breach.We may terminate this EULA by written notice at any time if you do not comply with any of your obligations under this EULA and fail to cure such failure to our satisfaction within thirty (30) days after such notice. This remedy will not be exclusive and will be in addition to any other remedies which we may have under this EULA or otherwise.
- 1.15.2.Effect of Termination.Upon expiration of your license term to the Product (if applicable) or earlier termination of this EULA, your license to access and/or use the Product and/or distribute the Redistributables (if applicable) will terminate. You must immediately cease use of the Product and destroy all copies of the Product in your possession (and required any Permitted Third Parties to do the same). Any licenses you have granted to the Redistributables in accordance with the terms and conditions of this EULA will, unless otherwise specified in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product Specific Terms), survive termination of this EULA.
- 1.15.3.Survival.Any provisions of this EULA containing licensing restrictions, warranties and warranty disclaimers, confidentiality obligations, limitations of liability and/or indemnity terms, audits rights, and any term of this EULA which, by its nature, is intended to survive termination or expiration, will remain in effect following any termination or expiration if this EULA, as will your obligation to pay any fees accrued and owing to us as of termination or expiration.
- 1.16.Assignment.You may not, without our prior written consent, assign or novate this EULA, any of your rights or obligations under this EULA, or the Products or any of our Confidential Information, in whole or in part, by operation of law, sale of assets, merger or otherwise, to any other party, including any parent, subsidiary or affiliated entity. Your Change of Control will constitute an assignment for purposes of the preceding sentence. A “Change of Control” will include, but not be limited to, any merger, consolidation, amalgamation, reorganization or sale, transfer or exchange of the capital stock or equity interests of you in a transaction or series of transactions which results in the holders of your capital stock or equity interests holding less than 50% of the outstanding capital stock or equity interests immediately following such transaction(s).
- 1.17.Choice of Law.This EULA is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof. If any dispute, controversy, or claim cannot be resolved by a good-faith discussion between the parties, then it will be submitted for resolution to a state or federal court in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, and the parties hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such court. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act and the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods will not apply to this EULA.
- 1.18.Publicity.You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, publicize your use of the Product, and you license to us (and our Affiliates and necessary sublicensees) any intellectual property rights required to allow us (and our Affiliates and necessary sublicensees) to use your name, trade name(s), trademark(s), service mark(s), logo(s) and domain name(s) in connection with such publicity.
- 1.19.1.Notices.Notices of termination, material breach, your insolvency or an indemnifiable claim (“Legal Notices”) must be clearly identified as Legal Notices and sent via overnight courier or certified mail with proof of delivery to the following addresses: For us:14 Oak Park Drive, Bedford, MA 01730, Attention: General Counsel. For you: your address set out in the Order. Legal Noetices sent in accordance with the above will be effective upon the second business day after mailing. Either party may change its address for receipt of notices upon written notice to the other party.
- 1.19.2.Entire Agreement.This EULA, and any terms expressly incorporated herein by reference, will constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter of this EULA and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous communications, oral or written, signed or unsigned, regarding such subject matter. Use of any purchase order or other document you supply in connection with this EULA will be for administrative convenience only and all terms and conditions stated therein will be void and of no effect. Except as otherwise expressly contemplated in this EULA, this EULA may not be modified or amended other than in writing signed by you and us.
- 1.19.3.Severability.If any provision of this EULA is terminated or held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remainder of this EULA will remain in full force and effect.
- 1.19.4.Waiver.Failure or delay in exercising any right, power, privilege or remedy hereunder will not constitute a waiver thereof. A waiver of default will not operate as a waiver of any other default or of the same type of default on future occasions.
- 1.19.5.English Language.This EULA has been drawn up in English at the express wish of the parties. Le présent contrat a été rédigé en anglais à la demande expresse des parties.
- 1.19.6.Force Majeure.Neither you nor we will be liable for any delay or failure to take any action required under this EULA (except for payment) due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of you or us, as the case may be, including, but not limited to unavailability or shortages of labour, materials, or equipment, failure or delay in the delivery of vendors and suppliers and delays in transportation.
- 1.19.7.Our Use of Our Affiliates.We may, at our discretion, engage one or more of our Affiliates in the fulfilment of our obligations, including, our obligations for delivery of the Product to you and/or the provision of any maintenance and support services.
- 2.A.TERMS FOR ON-PREMISE PRODUCTS
- 2.A.1.Delivery.Unless otherwise specified by us, On-Premise Product(s) will be provided to you via electronic delivery, and delivery is deemed complete when the On-Premise Product(s) is/are made available at the electronic software download site specified by us and you are e-mailed or otherwise provided with any necessary instructions, password and/or license keys required for you to be able to access, download and install the On-Premise Product(s). If we provide the On-Premise Product(s) on physical media, shipping terms will be FOB shipping point.
- 2.A.2.Updates.Each Update to an On-Premise Product replaces part or all of the On-Premise Product (or earlier Update) previously licensed to you (“Replaced Product”) and will terminate such previously licensed Replaced Product to the extent replaced by the Update; provided, however, that you may continue to operate the Replaced Product for up to ninety (90) days from delivery of the Update to allow you to complete your implementation of the Update. You must cease all use of the Replaced Product at the end of the ninety (90) day period. Each Update will be subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement accompanying the Update which must be accepted by you at the time you download or install the Update. If you do not agree to the license agreement accompanying the Update, do not download or install the Update.
- 2.A.3.Cloud Environment.You may upload the On-Premise Product(s) licensed to you pursuant to this EULA onto a cloud instance supplied by a third party, provided that the operation of the On-Premise Product(s) in the cloud instance complies with all license model restrictions and usage limitations applicable to the On-Premise Product(s).You may also allow the third party to upload, install, operate and/or use the On-Premise Products on the cloud instance, provided that the third party’s access to and use of the On-Premise Products is solely for your benefit in accordance with the terms of this EULA. The third party will be considered a Permitted Third Party, and you will be responsible for the Permitted Third Party’s compliance with this EULA in accordance with section 1.2.3 (Third Party Use).
- 2.B.TERMS FOR HOSTED SERVICES
- 2.B.1.1.“Access Credentials” means login information, passwords, security protocols, and policies through which you or your Authorized Users access and use the Hosted Services.
- 2.B.1.2.“Account” means the account through which you access the Hosted Services or your Authorized Users access the Hosted Services for your benefit and/or on your behalf.
- 2.B.1.3.“Acceptable Use Policy” or “AUP” means our acceptable use policy located at https://www.progress.com/legal/aup that specifies rules, requirements and limitations concerning your use of the Hosted Services, and as may be updated by us from time to time.
- 2.B.1.4.“Content” means all data and content, such as data files, written text, keys, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images that you or your Authorized Users upload to or process using the Hosted Services.
- 2.B.2.Eligibility, Registration and Access Credentials.
- 2.B.2.1.Eligibility.To be eligible to use the Hosted Services, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you: (a) are 18 years of age or older, (b) are not currently restricted from the Hosted Services, (c) are not a competitor of ours or our Affiliates and are not using the Hosted Services for reasons that are in competition with us or our Affiliates, (d) have full power and authority to enter into the Terms and in doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party, (e) will not violate any of our rights, including Intellectual Property Rights, (f) will comply with the Terms as the same may be amended from time to time, and (g) agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software and internet access necessary to use the Hosted Services.
- 2.B.2.2.Registration.Except as otherwise specified in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product Specific Terms), this section specifies the terms applicable to your registration to use the Hosted Services. When you register to use the Hosted Services, we will ask for your name, email address and other related information. Assuming we don’t find the information you provide to be of concern, we will create an Account for you. As part of the registration process you (or we at your request) will create Access Credentials for each of your Authorized Users.
- 2.B.2.3.Access Credentials.Except as otherwise specified in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product Specific Terms), this section specifies the terms applicable to Access Credentials provided to you to access the Hosted Services. You are responsible for safeguarding the Access Credentials. You agree to: (a) keep your Access Credentials secure and confidential and not allow any of your Authorized Users to provide their Access Credentials to anyone else; (b) not permit others to use your Account; and (c) refrain from using other users’ accounts. We rely on the Access Credentials as a method to differentiate one user from another. If someone else is using your Access Credentials, we will assume they are you and we’ll give them access. (Don’t forget, “you” includes your Authorized Users for whom you are responsible). You will be responsible for all activity carried out under your Account using Access Credentials made available to you and anything that happens through your Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions, until you close your Account or prove that your Account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. If you know or suspect that someone has gained access to Access Credentials made available to you, you will immediately let us know. We will turn off the compromised Access Credentials and issue new Access Credentials. We reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary or reasonable to ensure the security of the Hosted Services and your Account, including terminating your access or the access of any of your Authorized Users, changing passwords, or requesting additional information to authorize activities related to your Account. In no event and under no circumstances will we be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of (i) any action or inaction on our part under this provision; (ii) any compromise of the confidentiality of your Account, or (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of your Account.
- 2.B.3.1.Your Responsibility for the Content and License Grant to Us. You are responsible for any Content submitted and made available through the Hosted Services. You will be entirely responsible for each Content item provided by you or your Authorized Users through the Hosted Services, and, as between you and us, you retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in such Content. You will, at your own expense, obtain all third-party licenses, consents and/or or permissions that may be necessary or appropriate with respect to such Content to enable each party to exercise its rights and perform its obligations under this EULA. You grant us a world-wide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicenseable license to use, copy, host, store, disseminate, distribute, publicly display, sublicense, post or publish such Content, but only to the extent necessary for us to provide the Hosted Services. You agree that we may use our third-party contractors and service providers to exercise the licenses granted to us in this section to perform services for or on our behalf. You agree that you will have no rights against such third-party contractors or service providers in connection with this EULA or your use of the Hosted Services hereunder. In addition, you acknowledge that to protect your transmission of Content to the Hosted Services, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection to communicate with and/or utilize the Hosted Services.
- 2.B.3.2.Your Warranties Regarding the Content. You represent and warrant that the Content does not and will not violate the AUP.
- 2.B.3.3.Our Disclaimer Regarding the Content. We do not endorse any Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed in any Content, and we expressly disclaim any liability in connection with any Content. We do not pre-screen Content, but we and our designees (including our Affiliates, third party contractors and service providers) reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our or their sole discretion to access, review, and monitor the Content and to refuse, remove or delete any Content that is inappropriate or not in compliance with this EULA and/or suspend or terminate your use of the Hosted Services at any time, without prior notice and in our sole discretion. ANY USE OF CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS, INCLUDING OTHER CUSTOMERS, IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE OR THROUGH THE HOSTED SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WITH RESPECT TO SUCH CONTENT’S QUALITY, ACCURACY, LEGALITY OR RELIABILITY.
- 2.B.4.Changes to the Hosted Services or EULA.
- 2.B.4.1.Changes to the Hosted Services.We reserve the right to add, modify or discontinue any product, feature or service made available through the Hosted Services. Any additions or modifications to the Hosted Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions which will be included in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product-Specific Terms) of an updated version of this EULA implemented in accordance with the terms of section 2.B.4.2 (Changes to the EULA).
- 2.B.4.2 Changes to the EULA. We may modify this EULA at any time by posting a revised version on our website at https://www.progress.com/legal. Modified terms that relate to modifications or additions to the Hosted Services will be effective at the time such modifications or additions to the Hosted Services are made in accordance with section 2.B.4.1 (Changes to the Hosted Services). Modified terms that are required by law will be effective immediately. All other modified terms will be effective at the commencement of your renewal subscription period occurring immediately following the posting of the revised version of this EULA. If we post any revisions to this EULA after the date on which you are required to notify us that you do not want to renew your subscription (pursuant to section 1.3.4 (Subscription License Type)) and you do not agree with the terms and conditions of the revised EULA, you may notify us that you do not want to renew your subscription at any time prior to the commencement of your renewal subscription period. It is your responsibility to check our website regularly for revisions to this EULA.
2.B.5.Data Backup and Limitations on Availability of Hosted Services.
- 2.B.5.1.Data Backup.We will follow our standard archival procedures for storage of Content. In the event of any loss or corruption of Content, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to restore the lost or corrupted Content from the latest backup of such Content maintained by us or our third-party service provider in accordance with its archival procedures. We will not be responsible for any loss, corruption, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure of or access to Content directly or indirectly arising from acts or omissions of you, your Authorized Users or a third party. OUR EFFORTS TO RESTORE LOST OR CORRUPTED CONTENT PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION 2.B.5.1 WILL CONSTITUTE OUR SOLE LIABILITY AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION OR UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF OR ACCESS TO CONTENT.
- 2.B.5.2.Limitations on Availability of Hosted Services.The Hosted Services may be inaccessible for reasons including maintenance updates, power outages, system failures, extended downtime and other interruptions. During such periods, you and your Authorized Users may be unable to access or use all or a portion of the Hosted Services and some or all of the Content may be lost or corrupted (in which case, our sole obligation to you will be to exercise commercially reasonable efforts to restore the Content in accordance with section 2.B.5.1 (Data Backup)). Additionally, we may immediately suspend the Hosted Services if there is a reasonable threat to the technical security or technical integrity of the Hosted Services.
2.B.6.Use of Third Party Vendors; Transmission of Data. Progress may use third party vendors to provide the infrastructure, hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate and provide the Hosted Service (“Cloud Infrastructure Environment”) and such third party vendors may be granted access to your Content while performing services for us in accordance with the terms set out in section 2.B.3.1 (Your Responsibility for the Content and License Grant to Us). You agree to abide by such third party vendors’ acceptable use policies which are provided or otherwise noticed to you and you shall have no rights against any such third party vendors in connection with the Hosted Service
2.B.7.Location of Cloud Infrastructure Environment and Personnel.Except as otherwise specified in section 3 (Product Family Specific Terms) or section 4 (Product Specific Terms), the Cloud Infrastructure Environment, or any portion thereof, and any of our personnel or the personnel of our Affiliates or service providers with access to the Content under the license granted in section 2.B.3.1 (Your Responsibility for the Content and License Grant to Us), may be located in the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
2.B.8.Information Use and Disclosure by Us. With respect to the Hosted Service, we may access or disclose information about you, your Authorized Users, Account(s) and/or the content of your or your Authorized Users’ communications in order to (i) provide, operate, and improve the Hosted Service; (ii) comply with Applicable Laws or respond to lawful requests or legal process; or (iii) protect our rights or property and/or that of our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing the use of the Hosted Service. Personal data collected or otherwise processed by us in the performance of services related to the Hosted Service may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our Affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. For more information on our privacy practices read the privacy statement at https://www.progress.com/legal/privacy-policy.
2.B.9.Links to Third-Party Sites.The Hosted Services may include links to third-party sites. We do not control such sites and are not responsible for the content of any linked site, any links contained in the linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We are not responsible for any form of transmission received from any linked site. You acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which you may incur as a result of the availability of third-party vendor resources or external sites.
2.B.10.Termination.In addition to any other termination rights we may have under this EULA, unless otherwise prohibited by law, and without prejudice to our other rights or remedies, we may terminate this EULA and/or the licenses to the Hosted Services granted to you hereunder immediately if: (i) we believe providing the Hosted Services could create a substantial economic or technical burden or material security risk for us or any of our Affiliates or (ii) termination is required in order to comply with the law or requests of governmental entities.
3. PRODUCT FAMILY SPECIFIC TERMS
This EULA specifies terms and conditions that are applicable to the following On-Premise Product: Progress Telerik Fiddler Everywhere. The terms and conditions set forth in this Section 3 and in Section 4 apply to the Product. The specific Product features to which you are granted a license hereunder shall be only those identified in the Order.
The Default License Type for the Product is: Subscription. You must maintain an active Subscription to continue using the Product. With the exception of any Product obtained under a Trial License, and unless otherwise stated in the Order, for as long as we continue to make the Product generally available, at the end of each Subscription period, this EULA and any paid Subscription license granted hereunder will be automatically renewed for successive Subscription periods unless you / your Licensed Users (as defined in Section 4) disable auto renewals within the applicable account settings prior to the expiration of the then current Subscription Period. Your Subscription will be renewed at the level we, in our sole discretion, identify as being closest to your previous Subscription and will be charged at the rate then in effect at the time of renewal. YOU AUTHORIZE US (WITHOUT NOTICE) TO COLLECT THE THEN-APPLICABLE FEE AND ANY TAXES FOR THE RENEWAL SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, USING THE CREDIT CARD OR BILLING CREDENTIALS THAT YOU PROVIDED WITH RESPECT TO THE PREVIOUS SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD. If you do not maintain an active Subscription, this EULA and the Subscription license granted hereunder, along with your and your Authorized Users’ use of and access to the Progress Telerik Fiddler Everywhere On-Premise Product and any related Progress Telerik Fiddler Everywhere cloud hosted features, will terminate.
4. PRODUCT SPECIFIC TERMS .
4.1. Product Definitions.
Any defined term used in this section 4 (Product Specific Terms) but not defined herein will have the meaning ascribed to it in section 1 (General Terms and Conditions) or section 2.A (Terms for On-Premise Products).
4.1.1. “Licensed User” means one of your employees or third-party consultants for whom you have obtained a license to use the Product Package specifically for you in accordance with this EULA. Each Licensed User is an Authorized User as defined in section 1.1.3 and all terms and conditions in section 1 (General Terms and Conditions) and section 2.A (Terms for On-Premise Software) pertaining to Authorized Users will apply to a Licensed User.
4.1.2. “Product Package” means the Product and the Documentation, collectively.
4.2. License Grant
4.2.1. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this EULA, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, non-transferable license, without the right to sublicense and solely for your internal business purposes to (i) install and use the Product, in its object code form only, on computing resources owned and/or operated by you or a Permitted Third Party (as defined in section 1.2.3 (Third Party Use)); and (ii) use the Documentation solely as reasonably necessary to access and use the Product and/or allow a Permitted Third Party to host the Product on your behalf.
4.2.2. Required Quantity of Licensed Users. Licensed Users must correspond to the maximum number of seats you have purchased for the Product Package from us hereunder. This means that, at any given time, the number of Licensed Users cannot exceed the number of seats that you have purchased from us and for which you have paid us all the applicable license fees pursuant to this EULA. The Product Package is in “use” on a computer when it is loaded into temporary memory (i.e. RAM) or installed into permanent memory (e.g. hard disk or other storage device). By default, each of Your Licensed Users may install the Product Package on a single machine for use solely by such Licensed User. If you have purchased from us the right for your Licensed User(s) to install the Product Package on multiple machines, Your Licensed User(s) may install the Product Package on the number of machines identified in the Order and for which you have paid to us all applicable incense fees.
4.2.3. Optional Features and Functionality. You may only use an optional feature or functionality with the Product if you have selected the feature or functionality in the Order and paid any additional fees for the feature or functionality. You may use such feature or functionality only to the extent identified in the Order. If you need to make use of any feature or functionality beyond the limits specified in the Order, you must purchase an upgrade.
4.3. Trial License.
4.3.1. License Grant. If you downloaded a free trial license for the Product Package (including any feature set of the Product Package) (“Trial License”), then your use of the Product Package is subject to the limitations and conditions specified in section 1.2.5 (Limitations on Evaluation or Trial Licenses). Without limiting the foregoing, you are not allowed to use the Product Package for any commercial, productive or training purpose. The term of the Trial License will be 30 days. If you wish to continue using the Product Package beyond the expiration of the Trial License, you must purchase a paid license to the Product Package.
4.4. Credentials. You will be required to create a username and password (“Credentials”) that will be required to order Product(s) or features. You and your Licensed Users may only access Product(s) using your Credentials, and may not access Product(s) using the Credentials of any other person. You may not make your Credentials available to others, nor allow use of the Product(s) by others through your Credentials. You agree to accept sole responsibility and liability for maintaining the confidentiality of your Credentials, for restricting access to your Credentials and for all use, whether authorized or unauthorized, of the Product(s) under your Credentials.
4.5. Support and Updates.
188.8.131.52 Free. No dedicated technical support is provided with free versions of the Product, however, as part of Your license You are allowed to access the public support resources offered by Licensor in its sole discretion (e.g. documentation, code library, forums).
184.108.40.206. Trial licenses. For the duration of your Trial license you will receive support as described in greater detail here: https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler-everywhere/support subject to the limitations and restrictions described in the Fair Usage Policy (below). We reserve the right to limit, cancel, or adjust the scope of support available under a Trial license at any time in our sole discretion.
220.127.116.11 Paid licenses. For the duration of your subscription license or (in the case of term or perpetual licenses) for any applicable period for which you have purchased maintenance and support (the “Maintenance Period”), you will receive support as described in further detail below. During the subscription or Maintenance Period, you are entitled to the support package as determined at time of purchase and set forth on the Order and described in greater detail here: https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler-everywhere/support subject to the limitations and restrictions described in the following Fair Usage Policy. You will lose the right to receive support and Updates at the end of your subscription or Maintenance Period, unless you renew your subscription or your access to updates and support for additional Maintenance Period(s) with us at additional cost.
18.104.22.168. Fair Use Policy. We may apply a Fair Usage Policy that allows us to limit or terminate your access to any or all of the support services if your use of the support services is determined by us, in our sole and reasonable discretion, to be excessive.
4.5.2. Updates. At our sole discretion, you may receive certain Updates for the Product Package. If Licensor makes Updates to the Product Package available to you, such Updates replace and/or supplement (and may disable) the version of the Product Package that formed the basis for your eligibility for the Update. You may use the resulting updated Product Package only in accordance with the terms of this EULA. For the avoidance of doubt, Updates do not restart the term of any license.
4.6. Special Terms and Conditions Applicable to Hosted Features
4.6.1. The Product Package may include access to certain cloud hosted features, such features are “Hosted Services” as defined in Section 1.1 and are subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA which are applicable to Hosted Services as well as the following additional terms and conditions:
22.214.171.124. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this EULA, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, non-transferable license, without the right to sublicense and solely for your internal business purposes, to permit your Licensed Users to access the Hosted Services solely for the purpose of sharing certain Content (which has been generated by your Licensed Users using the Product Package) with other Licensed Users. Please see the Product Documentation for a description of Content which may be shared via the Hosted Services.
126.96.36.199. The amount of Content (e.g. number of log files) which may be managed (e.g. uploaded, accessed, shared, stored, viewed, processed, synced, etc.) via the Hosted Services, and the specific Content management options available, is/are limited based upon the level of the Product Package to which you have subscribed. If at any time you elect to downgrade, or are downgraded by us, to a lower level of the Product Package, we shall make reasonable efforts to retain any Content (in accordance with, and subject to the limitations set forth in, Section 2.B.5.1.), which your Licensed Users have uploaded to the Hosted Services prior to such downgrade, for a period of up to ninety (90) days (the “Data Retention Period”). However, your Licensed Users shall only be able to manage the amount of Content allowed pursuant to the downgraded Product Package level. This means, for example, if you are downgraded to a Product Package level with a limit of five (5) log files, your Licensed User will only be able to manage the first five (5) log files which are stored in the Hosted Services. In order to manage a larger amount of your Content, you must upgrade to an appropriate level of the Product Package during the Data Retention Period..
4.7. Special Terms and Conditions Applicable to Free Products and Features
4.7.1. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth in Section 1:
188.8.131.52. ALL FREE VERSIONS OF THE PRODUCT AND/OR FREE FEATURES ARE LICENSED ‘AS IS’. YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING SUCH PRODUCT/FEATURES. PROGRESS GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, PROGRESS EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
184.108.40.206. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL PROGRESS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO FREE VERSIONS OF THE PRODUCT AND/OR FREE FEATURES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, PROGRESS’S ENTIRE LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO FREE VERSIONS OF THE PRODUCT AND/OR FREE FEATURES UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $5, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE.
220.127.116.11. OUR INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS (SET FORTH IN SECTION 1.10.1.) SHALL NOT APPLY TO ANY FREE VERSION OF THE PRODUCT AND/OR ANY FREE FEATURES.
4.8. Product Changes and Discontinuance. We reserve the right to discontinue any Product Package or any component of any Product Package, whether offered as a standalone product or solely as a component or feature, at any time. We reserve the right to change the prices at which we offer any Product Package or any component of any Product Package, whether offered as a standalone product or solely as a component or feature, at any time.
4.9 Data Collection. In addition to the information collected in accordance with Sections 1.12.1 and 2.B.2.2, we may collect certain information through your use of the Product which constitutes “Personal Data”, including your name, email address and IP address. This information is collected using third party services and may be transferred to our service provider, CleverTap (a trading name of Wizrocket Inc.). We may use that in combination with the information collected under Section 1.12.1 and/or 2.B.2.2 to create a profile using CleverTap’s services which allows us to better understand your use of the Software. We may also use this information to contact you by email with personalized marketing communications. You can opt out of the collection and use of this information at any time by going to the Privacy section under “Settings” in the Product and unchecking the box next to “Automatically send data to help us improve the product”.