Thank you for your reply, but maybe i have not been quite clear enough in explaining my question.
Charts and Grids are Very important for our project and for this we are evaluation your components that could help us in developing our application.
I will try to be more clear and show you what I have done and what results we see.
As I said I have used the latest version of Your source code example that I have download from Your web site.
The matter, as I said, is to understand how the RadChart works when the user is zooming a certain area.
What I would expect is that the user obtains the exact “zoom” of the area that he has highlighted to zoom to.
Well this is experiment that we have done:
1. Open the Telerik source example code (using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010) and go to the project “Chart.Silverlight”
then in the folder “DataSources” and finally open the file “chartdata.csv”. ( see the attached
screenshot TelerikProjectChartData.png )
2. In this file you will find all the chart information that the Telerik’s Chart example “Zooming and Scrolling” uses
when the example is run.
3. Edit the “chartdata.csv” file and cancel all the lines except the first seven (7). In this way we obtain a more
simple chart to test the Telerik’s “Zoom and Scrolling” feature. Save the file compile and run the solution.
4. Go in the Telerik Chart example and from the menu “Other Chart Examples” select the “Zooming and Scrolling” item.
5. What you will ten see is the “Try1a.png” screenshot. Four data series with only seven data points.
6. With the mouse select the area in the Chart like in the screenshot “Try1b.png” that will be Highlighted.
7. When the mouse is released the Area Select is Zoomed and the result is in the screenshot “Try1c.png”.
Now try the same test procedure from point 4 to 7 using the other screenshot files Try2a the Try2b and finally Try2c and the again with Try3a to Try3b and the result Try3c.
For me it is obvious that the result has nothing to do with what the user has selected.
I mean to say that the user is NOT obtaining what he has selected in the chart.
My questions are : Why we are experiencing this ? What are we doing t wrong ? What must we do to zoom the exact area that is selected ?
Please reply me as soon as possible as my Purchasing Office Manager wants to know what do.