Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
7 answers
1.1K+ views

I am using Win7 SP1-64. I've had VS 2013 installed for a year or so. I installed a demo version of the UI for WinForms about a month ago. I installed VS 2015 this week, but didn't run it. (Got busy elsewhere.) I removed the demo version of UI for WinForms and installed the licensed version shortly after installing VS 2015.

So, I have both VS 2013 (Pro, Update 5) and VS 2015 (Community) on the PC.

VS 2013 has a Telerik menu and the Telerik WinForms VSExtensions is an installed extension. VS 2015 does not.have a Telerik menu and the Telerik WinForms VSExtensions is not listed.

 

What do I need to do to enable UI for WInforms in VS 2015? My first inclination is to reinstall it, but I hate doing that without some idea of why it's necessary.

Taras
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Apr 2016
1 answer
149 views
I need to run a code when a row order is changed in GridView. How can I do this?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2016
1 answer
112 views
It is possible to have heading tags on two lines?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2016
1 answer
123 views

I am trying to use the sechuler to provide just reminders I dont no if i need the full blown component though as i just seen the reminder dialog component however the code is doing something weird but

 

01.private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
02.      {
03.          setupReminders();
04.          ApertureNetIcon.BalloonTipText = "Aperture Net Notfications.";
05.          ApertureNetIcon.BalloonTipTitle = "ApertureNet";
06.          this.WindowState = FormWindowState.Minimized;
07.      }
08. 
09.      private void Form1_Resize(object sender, EventArgs e)
10.      {
11.          if (WindowState == FormWindowState.Minimized)
12.          {
13.              ShowInTaskbar = false;
14.              ApertureNetIcon.Visible = true;
15.              ApertureNetIcon.ShowBalloonTip(1000);
16.          }
17.      }
18. 
19.      private void setupReminders()
20.      {
21.          SchedulerBindingDataSource dataSource = new SchedulerBindingDataSource();
22.          AppointmentMappingInfo appointmentMappingInfo1 = new AppointmentMappingInfo();
23.          dataSource.EventProvider.DataSource = _dal.GetAllAppointments();
24. 
25.          appointmentMappingInfo1.Description = "Subject";
26. 
27.          appointmentMappingInfo1.End = "End";
28.          appointmentMappingInfo1.Start = "Start";
29.          appointmentMappingInfo1.Reminder = "Reminder";
30.          appointmentMappingInfo1.ResourceId = "ResourceID";
31.          dataSource.EventProvider.Mapping = appointmentMappingInfo1;
32.          this.radScheduler1.DataSource = dataSource;
33.      }

This is the get all appointments

 

01./// <summary>
02./// Gets all apointments.
03./// </summary>
04./// <returns></returns>
05.public IQueryable<Appointment> getAllApointments()
06.{
07.    try
08.    {
09.        var _appointments = apertureNetEntities.Appointments.Where(f => f.isDeleted == false).OrderByDescending(o => o.TimeCode).ToList();
10.        return _appointments.AsQueryable();
11.    }
12.    catch (Exception ex)
13. 
14.    {
15.        string inner = string.Empty;
16.        if (ex.InnerException != null)
17.        {
18.            inner = ex.InnerException.ToString();
19.        }
20.        logger.Error("Error in IQueryable function getAllApointments " + ex.ToString() + " " + inner);
21.        return null;
22.    }
23.}

And if you look in my sql data and my app screen shot its not matching up to whats in the db so it is not i dont understand as displays fine in the web version ?.

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2016
8 answers
5.0K+ views
Hello,

I'm trying to set the rows height for my GridView but I can't find a method...

How can I set the custom rowheight for each row?

I readed lot of thread on this forum but the properties that they use seems to not exists...

May be the forum thread are old and that they are no more valid for the 2014 telerik version...

Thanks
Ciao
Chirag
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Apr 2016
1 answer
308 views

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to add an email feature to resources.  For example, when a resource (staff) gets added to a project, is there a way to send that person an email notification that he/she has been included in a project? 

 

Also, is there a way to add staff to the resources table directly from the graphical interface?

 

Thank you in advance for your time.

Luis

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2016
16 answers
793 views
I have a folder with shortcuts in witch I use to build my menu in the panorama control. When I break the code it shows all the shortcuts are in the control, but only the last one shows.
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2016
1 answer
196 views
I would like to ask about a few questions:

1) What will be the effect of trail expiration on our product (local version still in development) ?
2) What is meaning of license per developer (we are targeting two 999 license per developer) ? but we can't understand how will it work in case to team members shifting or machine replacements.
Jennifer
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2016
1 answer
217 views

I test the Example, Gridview , Spreadsheet.

I miss some Excel like behaviors:

Shortcut to delete the cell content. The Del Key delete a whole row, but in Excel it clear a cell.

I see, there exists a context menu Clear Value. Can I assigne the Del Key to this action?

Can I fill down a value from a cell to the selected cells below? The Excel shortcut is Ctrl+<

Also not work: Copy one cell content to clipboard. Select many cells, paste the value to all cells in the selection.

Or enter a value to all selected cells?
In Excel select many Cells, Enter text, press Ctrl+Enter to aply for all Cells.

 

 

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2016
10 answers
261 views
Hi, is possible to use a hierarchical grid and define custom columns groups? I've tried but the the hierarchy does not appear, i mean, the records appears in "plain" mode.

Thanks
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Apr 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?