Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
174 views
I've bound a RadBinding Navigator and RadDataEntry to a localdb binding source.  At runtime I can browse the db entries but if I make any changes or add a table entry....it isn't saved into the table.  Do I have to do individual insert/update sql for each field?  For some reason, looking at the documentation I thought the changes would be automatically stored?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2016
7 answers
427 views

Hello,

I'd like to remove the horizontal border in a grid within groups (GridViewColumnGroup not GroupDescriptor).

See the attached image, the green (verticals) borders are ok the red (horizontal) borders between the cells in the group are the ones I'd like to remove. (For normal cells and cells of the summary row)

I've tried the normal formatting events, but I found no information if a cell/row is inside a group?

So is this possible at all?

--

Also the GridViewColumnGroupRow.ColumnCollection is marked deprecated, so what is the best way to do this (the ColumnNameCollection dosen't help)?

GridViewColumnGroupRow groupRow = new GridViewColumnGroupRow();
groupRow.Columns.Add(this.kMRadGridView1.Columns["column"]);

Kind regars

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2016
1 answer
222 views

Good day!

I use PivotGrid in conjunction with ChartView.
As one of the columns of data to implement a class for adding a field of type TimeSpan.

This code implements summary of TimeSpan:

/// <summary>
    /// Computes the sum of TimeSpan items during pivot grouping
    /// </summary>
    public class TimeSpanSum : AggregateFunction
    {
        protected override AggregateValue CreateAggregate(Type dataType)
        {
            return new TimeSpanAggregateValue();
        }
 
        public override string DisplayName
        {
            get { return PivotGridLocalizationProvider.CurrentProvider.GetLocalizedString(PivotStringId.Sum); }
        }
 
        protected override void CloneCore(Cloneable source)
        {
            //
        }
 
        protected override Cloneable CreateInstanceCore()
        {
            return new TimeSpanSum();
        }
 
        public override string ToString()
        {
            return "Sum";
        }
    }

This code adding aggregate description:

dataProvider.AggregateDescriptions.Add(new PropertyAggregateDescription
{
    PropertyName = ObjectHelper<PivotGridUnitStateDto>.GetPropertyName(x => x.Duration),
    CustomName = "Duration",
    AggregateFunction = new TimeSpanSum(),
    StringFormatSelector = new TimeSpanStringFormatSelector()
});

But ChartView generate exception on paint any data:

Unable to bring the object type "System.TimeSpan" type "System.IConvertible". (Mscorlib)
------------------------------
Program Location:
 
   Ð² System.Convert.ToDouble(Object value)
   Ð² Telerik.WinControls.UI.PivotGridChartDataProvider.UpdateChartCore()
   Ð² Telerik.WinControls.UI.PivotGridChartDataProvider.UpdateChartData()
   Ð² Telerik.WinControls.UI.PivotGridChartDataProvider.updateTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

How can I fix this error?

 

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2016
2 answers
166 views

Hello

I have found that we can allow the editor on the radtreeview level with the AllowEdit Property.

But on my treeview I have some nodes which should be editable and other which aren't.

How could I handle this ? Is it possible to prevent the initialization of the editor for some specific node ?

Thanks for you support

Marco
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
 answered on 27 Apr 2016
5 answers
188 views

Hi,

I was testing the radGridView component and I was wondering how can I execute an action on double click, that is from scratch, I can see some info on the forum but its mostly particular to the post.

On my main form I fill the grid like:

        public Main()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

            grdMainWorkGrid.DataSource = WorksList.List();
        }

 

Regards.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2016
1 answer
97 views

Hi,

based on our corporate identity, we want to use specific set of colors only. Is there any possibility to pre-define our company colors into RadColorDialog. pickers?

thanks

Georgi

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2016
3 answers
220 views

hi,

how can I solve the problem of the date labels cut on the x axis.

see attached image

tanks in advance. Guido.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2016
1 answer
136 views

Hi,

I am new to telerik.
Added filter to radgridview.Some default value i have set for some column when i am adding new row .
facing problem  when trying to do filter it is taking default values in filter also for all column whose default values i have set..Rowindex for both Add new row and filter are same.
how to remove these default values from filter?

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2016
3 answers
337 views

Hello, 

I need to set the fill primitive of a control programatically.  Attached is a picture of what I need to accomplish. 

From the tree on the left (of the attached image) you can see I'm setting DockLayoutPanel.ToolwindowCaptionElement.FillPrimitive to the color red.  Works great from within the designer, but I need to do it via program control.  

 

It seems like this control, which is in a raddock, is part of a tool tab strip so I've tried...

 toolTabStrip11.SplitPanelElement.Fill.BackColor = Color.Red;

toolTabStrip11.SplitPanelElement.ForeColor = Color.Red;

and several other variations, but none of them changed the color.   Is there a way to do this grammatically? 

 

Thanks to anyone who can solve this, 

Steve

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2016
5 answers
234 views
Can the associated control be set at runtime?
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?