Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
7 answers
1.3K+ views
Hi,
I have added a RadTreeView Control in run time. I am changing the backcolor of the selected node usnig 

treeView_Selected event. But when I select another node , the colour of previously selected node also remains the same (I want to change the back colour of this previously selected node). 
Does any one have any idea, how to achieve it? 


 

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
1 answer
245 views

Hello,

The RadGridView's DataSource is set to a BindingSource. I am using the RadGridView.TableElement.VScrollBar.ValueChanged event to detect once the user has scrolled to a certain point. I then grab more items from the database and load them into the BindingSource and call BindingSource.ResetBindings(false) to refresh the items in the grid. This works fine unless the user is dragging the Thumb on the ScrollBar. After the event is triggered and more items are loaded, the Thumb is still focused and drag-able, but there is a large empty area below the last row in the grid. You can scroll down a lot further than the number of rows in the grid. Calling Refresh on the GridView does not remove the white area.

Is there a way to remove the white area this creates? Or maybe a better way to accomplish Load on Demand?

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
3 answers
135 views

Hi,

is it possible to turn off Subtotals for certain row headers, e.g. keep Subtotals for year, but hide for quater (Q2 Total)?

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
4 answers
897 views

Hi,

I'm trying to perform operations as illustred in your article here: http://docs.telerik.com/data-access/developers-guide/data-access-model/advanced-model-tasks/developer-guide-domain-model-managing-advanced-project-data-source.

 

I can't! Object's three in the Data Source tool window seems to be "readonly", not draggable to the RadForm. They have aspect like in the first image attached. If I try to switch to a regular WinForm form, and I come back to the Designer, the aspect of the objects and field is slightly different, as in the second attachment, and I can drag them to the form succesfull.

 

Where is the trick? Why I can't with the RadForm form?

 

Thanks in advance.

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
1 answer
96 views

Hi, I have been asked to write a reporting program in Winforms (Vb.Net). It will need to dynamically create a variable number of rich text boxes on a form. For example: user chooses to create 5 rtboxes, clicks a button and all 5 will be created on the form aligned left, labelled and evenly spaced to fill the form. If 2 boxes are created then they will have an increased height and also fill the form.
The data entered in to these boxes needs to be ouputted to MS Word as a report.
Can anyone suggest a Telerik control(s) to best achieve this please?

 

Thanks,

John

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
3 answers
290 views

It's completely essential to move the position of the Group Panel, for example below a Command Item bar, or below the Search Row.

Why a "toolbar" will be displayed under the group panel? It has no sense...

I've seen another thread asking the same, and it was solved... but for AJAX, Is it possible to do that on WinForms??

 

http://www.telerik.com/forums/position-group-panel-below-command-item-template

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108/Feedback/Details/46832-configurable-group-by-box-position

 

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
1 answer
242 views

Hi,

I'm not able to fix the SearchRow of the gridview to the end of the control. 

 

When I use the "SearchRowPosition = SystemRowPosition.Bottom", it appears at the end of the rows, but not fixed at the bottom of control, which is what I need.

Is it possible to do that?

 

Thanks in advance.

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
12 answers
581 views
Hi,

I've done a search on the forums and found nothing about DataForms for WinForms, I know you can go through an Objects properties and build up a set of controls based on the object, but it would be nice if maybe telerik had a dat-entry form control which we could pass one object or a list of objects to it.

I've been looking around and found this:
Data-Entry Form
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2016
2 answers
171 views

With the GroupType set to Resource and the ActiveViewType set to Day I want the All Day Header Height to be set to 15. Everytime I set the height with the GroupType set to Resource it gets reset to the height of 25. As long as the GroupType is set to None the All Day Header Height gets set to the desired size. Here is the code I am currently using to set the height.

'Add any resources that aren't already in the collection
                    For Each nCrew In SelectedCrews
                        If IsNothing(nScheduler.Resources.GetById(nCrew.ID)) = True Then
                            nResource = New Telerik.WinControls.UI.Resource(New EventId(nCrew.ID), nCrew.Name)
                            nResource.Color = Color.Transparent
                            nScheduler.Resources.Add(nResource)
                            nScheduler.Resources.Item(nScheduler.Resources.Count - 1).SetDataItem(nCrew)
                        End If
                    Next nCrew
 
                    Dim nDayView As SchedulerDayView = nScheduler.GetDayView
                    If nDayView IsNot Nothing Then
                        nDayView.DayCount = 1
 
                        nDayView.ShowAllDayArea = True
                        nDayView.ShowHeader = False
 
                        'How many resource columns are displayed (cap at 7)
                        If nScheduler.Resources IsNot Nothing Then
                            If nScheduler.Resources.Count < 7 Then
                                nDayView.ResourcesPerView = nScheduler.Resources.Count
                            Else
                                nDayView.ResourcesPerView = 7
                            End If
                        Else
                            nDayView.ResourcesPerView = 7
                        End If
                    End If
 
                    nScheduler.GroupType = GroupType.Resource
 
                    Dim dayViewElement As SchedulerDayViewGroupedByResourceElement
 
                    If TypeOf nScheduler.SchedulerElement.ViewElement Is Telerik.WinControls.UI.SchedulerDayViewGroupedByResourceElement Then
                        dayViewElement = TryCast(nScheduler.SchedulerElement.ViewElement, Telerik.WinControls.UI.SchedulerDayViewGroupedByResourceElement)
                        If dayViewElement IsNot Nothing Then
                            dayViewElement.ResourceHeaderHeight = 25
                            dayViewElement.ResourcesHeader.Visibility = ElementVisibility.Visible
                            dayViewElement.AllDayHeaderHeight = 15
                        End If
                    End If
 
                    nScheduler.ResumeUpdate()
 
                    'Set up the Time Range on the Calendar
                    SetRuler(Me, nScheduler)

 

 

Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Sep 2016
4 answers
296 views

Hi,

I am using the code below to drag the value of a specific field in a grid towards another grid and it works fine, until the moment that I filter the grid. Then this function returns the rowindex on the screen and not the actual rowindex in the grid.

How do I get the 'real' rownumber in order to drag the right data?

 

Thanks.

 

       private void gridTrekker_MouseDown_1(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
        {
            var currentCell = gridTrekker.ElementTree.GetElementAtPoint(gridTrekker.PointToClient(Cursor.Position)) as GridDataCellElement;
            if (currentCell != null)
            {
                var rowIndex = currentCell.RowIndex;
                if (rowIndex >= 0)
                {
                    this.gridTrekker.CurrentRow = this.gridTrekker.Rows[rowIndex];
                    this.gridTrekker.CurrentRow.IsSelected = true;
                    gridTrekker.DoDragDrop("T-" + gridTrekker.CurrentRow.Cells["Kenteken"].Value, DragDropEffects.Copy);


                }
               
            }

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?