Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
8 answers
833 views
Hi,

I have a RadGridView that has a checkbox column. When adding a new row (using AddNew method, if that matters), depending on some condition, I want to hide the checkbox of that row. It seemed simple enough, but I couldn't figure it out. Am I missing something obvious?

Please help. Thanks.

Andy
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2017
19 answers
1.3K+ views
I'm new to winforms and telerik controls but I'm almost embarressed to write this. 

I'm using a GridView control in a basic winform application (.net 3.5) .  I'm using a  sql server database table datasource.    I set the gridview to AllowAddNewRow and AllowEditRow.  Very easily setup the app to view the data.  I'm able to insert and update records in the grid.  But those insert/updates are not committed to the database. 

I would appreciate any direction to help me learn how to simply add/update/delete records via the gridview.

Thanks!
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2017
2 answers
128 views

Hello,

 

Is it possible to create a 'draggable' Pin.

I would like to drag a pin to a listbox to add it to a list of locations.

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards

Victor

Victor
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2017
9 answers
1.5K+ views
Hello,
I am trying to set the opacity value for a WinForm RadPanel.
Could someone please give me a hint how to manage that?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers Roberto
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2017
2 answers
476 views

Hello,

I tried to change the padding of chart element but there was no effect although I updated margin and padding properties to 0.

So what should i do to set the chart have no padding left?

I attach the screenshot in the attachment.

Regard,

Paul

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2017
2 answers
185 views

Thanks to Telerik support, I've gotten through all of my initial hurdles.  Now I need help with a Menu system.  What I'm asking here is just to be pointed to the right direction.  I'm looking for a menu control that sits on top or to the side of the screen, where a user clicks on an item, and that spawns an entirely new form inside the 'main' container to the right or bottom.  The user could click on the exact same item and it would spawn an entirely new form of the same type. (and go over the original form)  Or the user could select a different item and a different form is made.  

There should also be a small title bar that shows each form that was made (and have the option to close them).  

Is there anything that does this?  Or something that could be tailored to this?

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Apr 2017
5 answers
259 views

The demo examples that are provided all use Integer in their tables, but the code uses a Guid.

I know that I must use the "ConvertUniqueIdToDataSource" method, but I'm missing the actual conversion part.  After researching online, everyone says converting from a Guid to an Integer is not possible.  So I'm not sure where to go from here.  All of my SQL tables use an auto-incrementing integer.

I'm missing this code:

 object ConvertUniqueIdToDataSource(object obj)
        {
            EventId eventId = obj as EventId;
            //if the appointment is added from the scheduler the eventId.KeyValue is Guid
            if (eventId.KeyValue is Guid)
            {
                //return the value that is in your object/dataset
                // --- WHAT DO I PUT RIGHT HERE?  HOW DO I RETURN AN INTEGER?

            }
            //if the appointment is loaded from an object/dataset the eventId.KeyValue is its representation in the object/datase
            return eventId.KeyValue;
        }

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2017
4 answers
496 views

Hello,

I'm using RadDateTimePicker and I tried to change it's border color but there was no effect.

Please help me to solve this propblem.

Thanks

 

 

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2017
2 answers
207 views

Hello,

What should i do to format up and down button for DateTimePicker incase ShowUpDown = true.

My issue as in my attachment

Thanks

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2017
8 answers
648 views

Hi.

I have a RadGridView which has a GridViewComboBoxColumn. ComboBoxColumn.DataSource  is an array of Products. Product is an object that has a few properties like Id, Name, and so on. How i can get ComboBoxColumn selected item?

I have tried figure it out by this way
radGridView1.Rows[index].Cells["ComboBoxColumn Name"].Value but it returns only string, not Product object

Can you help me figure it out?

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?