The implementation of the tool for generating new fluent models based on existing databases is ready. There's an unofficial pre-release Beta version at https://www.nuget.org/packages/Telerik.DataAccess.Fluent.CodeGeneration
. You can download it and give it a try to see what we have been cooking for so long. At the time present, we are waiting to clear some formal obstacles before we can release the source code and the official first Beta version of the tool.
A bit of details:
What you can do
- create new fluent models based on existing database schemata.
- switch between SQL type mapping (same as Add New Fluent Model wizard was using) and Backend-Independent type mapping
What is missing
- update existing Fluent Model support
- generation for Stored Procedures
- Visual Basic support
- Only DBO (default) schema is read and mapped
Next steps for the tool are
1. Publish the source code in GitHub
2. Gather your feedback in the repository
3. Implement Update Existing Fluent Model functionality
I hope this helps.
Check out the latest announcement
about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework
able to solve core development problems.