This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 x86 vs x64 and RadControl assembly paths

1 Answer 53 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
GEB
Top achievements
Rank 1
GEB asked on 12 Jul 2010, 05:35 AM
This is more of a VS2010 question, but I'm having the issue regarding the RadControl assemblies.  I started my project on Windows 7 32-bit, so the RadControl assemblies are installed in the C:\ProgramFiles\... directory.  I have a second development machine that is used to test in a 64-bit environment.  On this Windows 7 64-bit machine, the RadControl assemblies are installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\... directory.  I have not found a way yet to be able to move my VS2010 project back and forth between these two machines without deleting the references to the RadControls assemblies, and adding them as references again in order to get the correct path (Program Files vs Program Files (x86)).  I know there must be some way to make the VS2010 project portable between the two environments and reference the appropriate RadControls assemblies.  Any ideas?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2010, 06:36 AM
Hi GEB,

You can create a new folder in your project - e.g. Binaries, and copy the Telerik assemblies there. Then delete all Telerik references and add it again - pointing to the files in the Binaries folder.
Now, when you move the project back and forth - the referenced assemblies will be there.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Veskoni
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
GEB
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
Share this question
or