This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 freezes when creating a test

2 Answers 48 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tomáš Čeleda
Top achievements
Rank 2
Tomáš Čeleda asked on 18 Aug 2010, 01:41 PM
Hello,
I just downloaded WebUI Test Studio and try tu create a first test using the Quick Start Guide. On first chapter "Creating and Running Your First Test" I managed to get to step 3 "Click on the “WebAii Test” type and select OK.". Step 4 says "Your new empty test should open automatically.", but nothing happened and VS 2010 freezed. I had to kill it using task manager. I tried a second time but with no success. New test had been added to test project, but when trying to open it via solution explorer, it also cause freezing VS.
I'm using VS 2010 Ultimate version 10.0.30319.1, .NET 4.0.30319 and the latest public version of WebUI test studio (downloaded today).

Had anyone else experienced similar behavior?

Thank you
Tomas Celeda

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Aug 2010, 02:29 PM
Hello Tomáš,

At the time of VS freeze you should generally get the product activation wizard opened. It appears the first time when you add new or open an existing test.

Do you have older JustCode version installed on the same machine along with the latest official WebUI Test Studio? There is a compatibility issue when running those products from different versions so we make sure the products are synchronized to avoid the conflict for the same versions.

Regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tomáš Čeleda
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 20 Aug 2010, 11:06 PM
Hello Konstantin,

thank you for you reply. As you suggested, the problem was caused by old version of JustCode. I have downloaded the latest version and it has fixed my problem.

Regards
Tomas Celeda
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tomáš Čeleda
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Tomáš Čeleda