This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

visual studio crash

2 Answers 56 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
hart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
hart asked on 28 Mar 2012, 03:43 PM
I am using a fairly virgin Windows 7 Pro PC with VS 2010, Silverlight 5 (with toolbox,  as seen from http://www.silverlight.net/downloads  Expressions, etc..  I am first trying to work with your demo ExecutiveDashboard -- while it loads into Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (and runs, however, has problems with connecting to data.  I am not concerned with this).  The problem I have, is anytime I try to open/edit any XAML file, Visual Studio Crashes and restarts.

Additoinally, I cannot even create a new XAML without it crashing.  I have deleted all of the binary files, everything in the BIN, done a full CLEAN and rebuild,  however, cannot open an XAML file without crashing.

Additionally 2 -- If I create a blank/new Silverlight appllication, I can add a XAML and view with no problem -- however, some Telerik controls do not work.  For example, if I try to add RadChart I get a dialog box that states:
Object Reference no set to an instance of an object".  I am simply dragging it onto the blank XAML page and get that error.

Thanks,
Henry

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
JR
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 05:15 AM
Bumping this thread. I'm encountering the same issue with the latest builds (used Control Panel). Already reformatted my laptop even and still the same.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 05:43 AM
Hello,

Can you post more info about the crash? Any error message?

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
hart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
JR
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vlad