This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2017 Test Explorer not showing Telerik tests

4 Answers 179 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
aplicaciones
Top achievements
Rank 1
aplicaciones asked on 13 Mar 2018, 02:48 PM

Hello,

My scenario is the following one:

I am migrating my development Environment to a new one.
On machine A: I have VS 2015 with Telerik Test Studio ( I have deactivated the license and using the trial for transitioning purposes)
On machine B: I have VS 2017 with Telerik Test Studio ( I have now transitioned the license to this machine)

The Telerik Test Studio version is 2017.3 on both machines and I am not planning to update to the most recent version unless is strictly necessary. 
There are no issues with the license. 

I struggled a little but I managed to Install the Visual Studio PLugin thanks to Elena Tsvetkova's post:
https://www.telerik.com/forums/installing-visual-studio-plugin-for-vs2017

But the Test Explorer is not showing the Telerik tests in VS 2017while on VS 2015 I see them perfectly.
I have attached an Image showing the difference.

On VS 2017 I see this in the Test  Output pane:
[13/03/2018 15:39:00 Error] Microsoft.TestPlatform.VsTestConsole.TranslationLayer.TransationLayerException: Error connecting to Vstest Command Line
   at Microsoft.TestPlatform.VsTestConsole.TranslationLayer.VsTestConsoleWrapper.EnsureInitialized()
   at Microsoft.TestPlatform.VsTestConsole.TranslationLayer.VsTestConsoleWrapper.InitializeExtensions(IEnumerable`1 pathToAdditionalExtensions)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.TestPlatformV2.TestPlatformV2Wrapper.UpdateExtensions(IEnumerable`1 pathToAdditionalExtensions, Boolean loadOnlyWellKnownExtensions)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.TestPlatformProvider.UpdateTestPlatform(Lazy`1 testPlatform)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.TestPlatformProvider.GetTestPlatformV2()
[13/03/2018 15:39:00 Informational] ========== Discover test finished: 0 found (0:01:00,5346965) ==========

But on the other hand, I have no issues at all on VS 2017 to see normal Unit Tests.

I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction as I am not finding a way to sort this out.

Regards,

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Nikolay Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2018, 12:37 PM
Hi,

Please note that it is necessary to have VS 2017 Professional or higher edition.

If re-building the project do you have still the tests missing?

After you installed the "Testing Tools Core Feature" component I suggest trying to re-install the Test Studio on the machine. When installing the product verify that the Test Studio VS 2017 plugins will be installed as well.
After the installation verify that all of the plugins are present. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

I hope this will resolve the problem.

Best Regards,
Nikolay Petrov
Progress Telerik

Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings

aplicaciones
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2018, 05:21 PM
Thank you Nikolay :D
After re-installing Test Studio have successfully discovered my tests :D

Regards,
Sebastian
Khushbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Aug 2018, 03:54 PM
Thank you. This option works.
Elena
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2018, 09:09 AM
Hello Khushbu,

Glad to know that post helped you as well! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Progress Telerik

Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
aplicaciones
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay Petrov
Telerik team
aplicaciones
Top achievements