This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2013 support?

17 Answers 567 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mirko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mirko asked on 10 Jul 2013, 12:30 PM
Hi, I have just a simple question, can we expect VS2013 (preview) support for Windows Phone 8 RadControls in the near future?
Thanks

17 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2013, 07:53 AM
Hi Mirko,

Few days ago we had the chance to test our latest official release against Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013 and there were no issues whatsoever. 

Regards,
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Mirko
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 01:24 PM
Hi,
after installing Windows Phone 8 RadControls using the standard installer, no Telerik menu option is shown in VS2013, that's the bug I meant.
Missing User
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 05:48 PM
Hello Mirko,

Telerik Visual Studio Extensions currently does not support VS2013. That means that you won't be able to use the Telerik menu and the commands it provides, also the Telerik project and item templates.
You can expect the Telerik Visual Studio extensions in one of our next official releases.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Weston
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2013, 08:16 PM
I'm using Visual Studio 2013 RC and I'm getting the following error:

Note: Below function uses and requires OpenAccess to work and this code is working on VS 2012.

No metadata has been registered for class 'AutoTesterModel.WILAmpModel, AutoTesterModel, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///E:/Visual Studio Projects/Wilson Electronics/Production Testing/AutoTesterMVVM From TFS/Wilson MVVM AutoTester/AutoTesterShell/bin/Debug/AutoTesterModel.DLL.)

Is this Error related to Visual Studio 2013 and if so how do I find or get a patch or fix?
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2013, 03:19 PM
Hello Weston,

Visual Studio 2013 will be officially supported by OpenAccess ORM with the 2013 Q3 release. However, you should still be able to build and run your existing projects in VS2013.

For more details on troubleshooting the error, please have a look at the private support ticket you have sent us.

Regards,
Alexander
Telerik
bc3tech
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Oct 2013, 09:29 PM

Getting the extension to install to VS2013 is as easy as updating the Extension manifest.

To do this:

1) find the VS extension file for your WP8 RadControls (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for Windows Phone 8 Q2 2013\VSExtensions\VS2012)

2) Change the extension on the VSIX file to ZIP (yup, they're just ZIP files)

3) Crack open the .zip file, and extract the extension.vsixmanifest file

4) Open this file w/ Notepad

5) Under the lines:

<VisualStudio Version="11.0">

<Edition>Pro</Edition>

</VisualStudio>

Just add an entry for VS2013 that looks like this:

<VisualStudio Version="12.0">

<Edition>Pro</Edition>

</VisualStudio>

6) Save the file, add it back in to the .zip, rename it back to .VSIX, and double click. Boom - installs to 2013 RC w/o issue.

Momchil
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2013, 04:05 PM
Hello Brandon,

This kind of modification will make Telerik Windows Phone VS extensions install to VS 2013, but you must have in mind, that some of their functionality may not work, which may lead to crashes in the extensions and/or Visual Studio.

We will release new version of the VS extensions for Windows Phone which will support VS 2013 very soon, so you don't have to wait much longer.

Regards,
Momchil
Telerik
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 01:44 PM
How much longer before the Visual Studio 2013 Extension is available?
Missing User
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 01:55 PM
Hi Bob,

Actually it is already available.

You can get it by installing the latest Widows Phone release (Q3 2013) or by going to Tools | Extensions and Updates... | Online in Visual Studio 2013 and searching for Telerik Windows Phone VSExtensions in the Search Visual Studio Gallery field.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 02:03 PM

I'm sorry, I meant in general. I didn't realize I was under Windows Phone 8?

I have DevCraft Complete. I have the Telerik menu etc. in VS 2012. I just updated DevCraft yesterday and noticed that it installed extensions for VS2010 and VS2012, but not VS2013

Missing User
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 02:33 PM
Hi Bob,

In general, in the latest release of all our products that have VSExtensions is added support for VS2013. The only exception is the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC product, which extensions are not supporting VS2013 yet.

As you've already updated to the latest release, the VSExtensions had to be deployed to VS2013, but as you said, for some reason, they weren't. Is it possible that you have an Express edition of VS2013 installed? The Visual Studio Express license agreement forbids third party extensibility and following it the Telerik VSExtensions are not deployed in it.

I'm looking forward to help you fix the VSExtensions installation if your VS2013 is not an Express edition.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 02:38 PM

I am running VS 2013 Ultimate Edition.

Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC is specifically what I updated yesterday, but I have updated all of my installed Telerik controls.

Missing User
answered on 22 Nov 2013, 01:58 PM
Hi Bob,

I would recommend you the following procedure:
  1. Open Visual Studio 2013 and go to: Tools | Extensions and Updates... | Installed | All
  2. Find if there are any installed Telerik extensions and uninstall them (I assume that there aren't any properly working Telerik VSExtensions in your Visual Studio)
  3. Restart the Visual Studio and go to: Tools | Extensions and Updates... | Online 
  4. Search for Telerik VSExtensions in the Search Visual Studio Gallery field
  5. From the results find and install the VSExtensions for the products you need
As I said before the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions does not support VS2013 yet. I'd also like to add that the ASP.NET MVC product is now deprecated (its successor is Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC) and there won't be available VSExtensions for VS2013.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Nov 2013, 04:36 PM

That worked. Thanks.

Any idea when will Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions support VS 2013?

Missing User
answered on 25 Nov 2013, 09:11 AM
Hi Bob,

Unfortunately I cannot specify an exact date when we will  be ready for the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions support for VS2013. It is in our queue with high priority tasks and we will work hard to provide it soon. As far as we are ready, we will upload the Kendo VSExtensions in the Visual Studio Gallery.

I would like to note that the Kendo product fully support VS2013 and you shouldn't experience any problems with it. All you need is to manually configure your projects to use the Kendo product.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further help.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Brandon Trabon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Dec 2013, 06:57 PM
I'm new to ASP.Net MVC so just understand this may be a simple question.  Since VS 2013 extensions are not currently supported can I still use the razor syntax from your examples or will I need to use the examples you have for using just plain HTML?

Thanks,

Brandon
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2013, 07:21 AM
Hi Mirko,

Please note that KendoUI for ASP.NET MVC 2013 Q3 release supports MVC v3, v4 and v5 (which is shipped with latest version of Razor) - that why you can use the Razor syntax in VisualStudio2013 even without the extension (please check this screencast). 

Kind Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mirko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Mirko
Top achievements
Rank 1