This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2013 Express for Web

1 Answer 128 Views
Data Access Free Edition
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mohamad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mohamad asked on 25 Mar 2014, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I am using Visual Studio 2013 express for Web and I would like to use Telerik Data Access to perform object mapping. Is there a way I can do this (with or without Visual Studio)?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kristian Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2014, 09:50 AM
Hello Mohamad,

You can use our NuGet packages in order to create a Fluent Model for your database and then consume it. The Fluent API allows you to map your persistent classes in code (C# or VB.Net). If needed you can programatically create a database based on that model. If you are interested in seeing how to use Fluent Mapping, you can check out our documentation. You could also take a look at the Telerik.DataAccess.Fluent.Sample NuGet package which illustrates a basic Fluent Model.

Do note however that the visual features of Telerik Data Access such as the Visual Designer and the various wizards are not supported by Express edition of Visual Studio. In order to take full advantage of Telerik Data Access, you would need Professional, Premium or Ultimate edition of Visual Studio.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions feel free to post at our forums again.

Regards,
Kristian Nikolov
Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

Tags
Data Access Free Edition
Asked by
Mohamad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kristian Nikolov
Telerik team
Share this question
or