This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VersionCheckFailed: Server Response Code = 301

2 Answers 102 Views
Windows
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve asked on 08 Feb 2017, 09:12 PM

Checking for updates has been disabled since the day I installed Fiddler, so I'm not sure why this is occurring.

---------------------------
Awww, Fiddlesticks!
Fiddler has encountered an unexpected problem. If you believe this is a bug in Fiddler, please copy this message by hitting CTRL+C, and submit a bug report at http://www.telerik.com/forums/fiddler.

VersionCheckFailed: Server Response Code = 301

Type: System.IO.InvalidDataException
Source: Fiddler
   at Fiddler.Updater.GetLatestVersion(Boolean includeBetaVersions, Boolean isEmergencyCall)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Fiddler v4.6.2.3 (x64 AMD64) [.NET 4.0.30319.42000 on Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.10586.0] 
OK   

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2017, 12:01 PM
Hello,

There was a recent change in the infrastructure on our side that could have caused this. It should not happen any more.

Did this happen when you clicked the 'Check for Updates' menu entry?

Regards,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2017, 01:57 PM

No, it happened when I tried opening Fiddler. As a result, it enabled the proxy settings in IE to use 127.0.0.1:8888 before crashing. Once I figured that out I had already uninstalled and upgraded to the latest version.

As a feature request, when I have the option to check for updates on startup disabled, please change the functionality so Fiddler will not check for updates unless I manually tell it to. In this scenario, had I needed to troubleshoot a production emergency, it would've delayed my ability to do so since it took me time to troubleshoot why my internet connection was no longer working after the proxy setting was changed and Fiddler wouldn't launch.

Tags
Windows
Asked by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1