This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

[UWP][C#] Windows 10 Redstone 2 chart issues

14 Answers 89 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bogdan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bogdan asked on 14 Mar 2017, 08:29 AM

Hello everyone,

As Microsoft Windows 10 Redstone 2 is soon to be coming live, I wanted to test my applications' charts behavior. Unfortunately I observed that the charts' library is no longer responding as it did with the previous versions of Windows 10. I attached some screenshots for you to see what I mean and I'm wondering if you guys are aware of this problem or if you can offer me a solution for it.

Thank you,
Bogdan

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2017, 08:04 AM
Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for providing us with information on this regard. We are trying to reproduce the reported behavior on our side. Once we do so, we will be able to investigate the reasons behind. We will get back to you as soon as we have more information to share.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 Apr 2017, 09:28 AM

Same problem here when running on W10 version 1703 (Creators Update) on Debug and Release/Native.
MIssing parts of line, bad colors of axis etc.

Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2017, 08:25 AM
Hello Radim,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to let you know that we are working on resolving this issue. We will try to provide fix in our future releases.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Apr 2017, 08:42 AM

OK, thanks. But hopefully this will be resolved quickly, because also already existing/submited Store apps, which are using Telerik charts, have this issue on latest Windows official build.

Is there any approximation when?
Or, is there some workaround to fix that in the code? 

Ves
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 08:39 AM
Hi Radim,

Thanks for getting back to us. We аre considering the issue as critical, but until we have pinpointed the exact reason for it, we cannot provide a certain ETA. We will share more specific information in the next few days. Meanwhile, can you confirm -- do you see this issue on device only, on emulator or it's available on desktop too? Thank you.

Best regards,
Ves
Telerik by Progress
Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 08:50 AM

As the W10 version 1703 (Creators Update) is currently available only for desktop PCs, I'm unable to test it on mobile device or emulator (we currently do not have W10Mobile emulators running version 1703). So the issue is confirmed currently on Desktop only.
The issue can be simply reproduced using Telerik's SDKExamples.UWP project build e.g. under VS2017 for x86 and running on machine with W10 v.1703.
Also note, also the app already published on Store (build with VS2015 .Net Native) have the same issue when running on latest Windows 10 build.

PS. If you need more info don’t hesitate to ask...

Bogdan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 08:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I can confirm this issue happening on Mobile Platforms too. Tried it with Lumia 950, HP Elite X3 and Lumia 640 XL. The buggy behavior is present on all of them :)

Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 08:59 AM
Here is the screenshot when the Telerik's Example app is running on W10 v.1703.
Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Apr 2017, 03:19 PM

I did some quick investigation and a few test and found, that the problem with "incomplete line" is probably somehow related to wrong clipping rectangle used for chart series. At least it looks like. As you can see from the picture attached, I added custom point template to chart to see all points. I also highlighted the rectangle into which is the chart rendered (darker area). The rest (outside of darker area) is clipped and not rendered (and should be).

FYI:
I have played a bit with the code at ChartAreaModelWithAxes.cs@ArrangeOverride
After the line with "RadRect seriesRect = this.ArrangeAxes(rect);"
I've added a line for test: "seriesRect = rect;" 
By this the line is drawn completely but of course in wrong way.

Second problem is missing grid lines (or maybe they have wrong color or opacity).
This can be some styling problem or differences of style(s) in W10 v.1703.

Anyway, the code is too complicated and I have not enought time to spend more on that.
Please, try to fix that asap.I can do some more tests if you need. Just leave a message.

Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2017, 09:39 AM
Hello

I've got same problems but, as far as I can tell, it is not strictly problem of telerik chart, I checked using other chart library and it has same problem after v. 1703. I've attached example.

I am wondering if it shouldn't be reported to Microsoft.

Best regards
Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Apr 2017, 11:06 AM
Hm, this only supports my theory that the problem can be in some changes in default styles or control templates. But maybe I'm wrong.
Could you tell us which charts libraries did you tried?
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2017, 11:22 AM
Sure, it was OxyPlot.WindowsUniversal
Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Apr 2017, 11:31 AM

Yes, this is similar problem: https://github.com/oxyplot/oxyplot/issues/1079

Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2017, 07:31 AM
Hello guys,

Thank you for the provided information. As my colleague Vesselin previously stated, we are currently working on this issue with the highest priority. We will keep you informed of our progress in the following days.

Regards,
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik by Progress
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Bogdan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
Radim
Top achievements
Rank 2