This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upload control not working.

1 Answer 115 Views
Upload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Raja
Top achievements
Rank 1
Raja asked on 28 Mar 2011, 08:06 PM
Hi, 

I am implementing the upload functionality using telerik MVC upload controls. When i select the document to upload nothing appears on the screen also the saveAttachment action method is not invoked in autoupload mode. I am using Internet Explorer 6

@{
    Layout = null;
}

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script src="../../Scripts/jquery-1.4.4.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="../../Scripts/jquery.validate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="../../Scripts/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    @(Html.Telerik().StyleSheetRegistrar().DefaultGroup(group => group.Add("telerik.common.css").Add("telerik.Phonebank.css").Combined(true).Compress(true)))
</head>

<body>
    @(Html.Telerik().Upload().Name("temp")
         .Async(asy => asy.Save("SaveAttachments", "Call")
         .AutoUpload(true))
         .Multiple(true))
</body>
</html>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 04:27 PM
I think you may have to use jQuery 1.5+ for the uploader? I couldn't get it to work with v 1.4.x, so it may be worth referencing the Google CDN for jQuery 1.5.x and see how you go from there.

Also, if you're using the ScriptRegistrar on the same page, make sure you check the option .jQuery(false), otherwise you'll have two different versions of jQuery running on the same page which may be causing problems.

Finally, try and debug your code in Google Chrome. Watch the Javascript Console Screen for errors (click on spanner in the top right corner of the browser and enable said option).

Chrome has great debugging capabilities and is really sensitive to errors in javascript that may be causing the plugin to fail for you. The console should give you some pointers in this regard.

Best,

Tags
Upload
Asked by
Raja
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question