Update Telerik.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml from 2021.1.322 to > 2021.2.507 problems

2 Answers 265 Views
SpreadProcessing
Reasult
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Reasult asked on 02 Oct 2021, 04:14 PM

Hi

Recently I upgraded our c# project making use of the  Telerik.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml component from 2021.1.322 to  2021.2.50 (actually to the latest 2021.3.909 but in this case that doesn't matter.

I want to make use of the CONCAT function which is supported in this version.

After upgrading the unittests stopped working on the fact that the worksheet functions (after setting some values in the worksheet) are not completely executed/updated. After rolling back the version to 2021.1.322 it worked again (but the concat function is not supported).

Regards,

Bart Huls

Nikolay Demirev
Telerik team
commented on 04 Oct 2021, 09:41 AM

Hello Pierre, 

Could you share more information on reproducing the issue, like which values to enter in which cells or attach a sample document?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Reasult
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 04 Oct 2021, 12:38 PM

Hi,

I attached the "GeneralExpenses rename to xlsx.txt"  (GeneralExpenses.xlsx) which I'm using in a unittest.

I'm opening the WorkSheet and Setting the Amount, CIT and PaymentSchedule (First month B6=1 and the rest 0.

Then I'm trying to read the BS(Asset) line which still has the result as it is when reading the worksheet.

btw saving the worksheet will show me the correct values,

Regards,

Bart

Nikolay Demirev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2021, 08:44 AM

Hello Pierre,

I have been able to isolate the issue and fix it. I have created a public item in our Feedback Portal on your behalf. You could follow it to receive updates about its progress: https://feedback.telerik.com/document-processing/1538108

A performance improvement caused the issue we did recently. We implemented importing the calculated formula values inside the document, which helped faster import large documents containing many formulas. But there was an issue in the cache invalidation logic in the cell reference expressions. 

I have updated your Telerik Points as a token of our appreciation for reporting the issue.

Regards,
Nikolay Demirev
Progress Telerik

Remote troubleshooting is now easier with Telerik Fiddler Jam. Get the full context to end-users issues in just three steps! Start your trial here - https://www.telerik.com/fiddler-jam.
Tags
SpreadProcessing
Asked by
Reasult
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Reasult
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron