This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to add Silverlight RadControls to VS2010 Toolbar

2 Answers 59 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Uma Shanmugam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Uma Shanmugam asked on 18 Jun 2010, 02:08 PM
I have VS2010 with SL 4 SDK and  RadControls for SL Q1 SP2 installed on my machine. When I try to add RadControls to Toolbar in SL application,  by clicking Browse button under Silverlight Components and selecting Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.dll, I get
'Value cannot be Null. Parameter Name : Scope' error. I have attached  screenshot with this . Also, please let me now how to get intellisense support in VS2010.

Thanks!
Uma Shanmugam

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 03:16 PM
Hello Uma Shanmugam,

Can you please check that the GridView assembly points to the correct path when you add it?
I could not reproduce the problem - you can check my 2:25 min. video here

Kind regards,
Veskoni
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Uma Shanmugam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jun 2010, 01:15 AM
Veskoni,
  I appreciate your quick response. This has something to do with  VS 2010 and SL 4 Tools installation. With lot of trial and error,
ofcourse with frustration, I found out that I had some 2.0.5.0 version SL dlls in my GAC. After removing those dlls from GAC ,everything worked like a charm.
  For developers who encounter this problem , use the following in cmd prompt to find 2.0.5.0 SL dlls in GAC
gacutil /l | findstr 2.0.5.0

If the above cmd finds some remove them using 
gacutil /uf

In my case , I had the following dlls in my GAC  
  System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea77
98e, processorArchitecture=MSIL
  System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec8
5d7bea7798e, processorArchitecture=MSIL

I removed them using the following commands
gacutil /uf  System.Windows
gacutil /uf  System.Windows.Browser

Thanks for your support!
Uma Shanmugam

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Uma Shanmugam
Top achievements
Rank 1