5 Answers, 1 is accepted
Thank you for your interest in Fiddler Everywhere and for contacting us about your issue!
We are currently trying to reproduce the issue but so far to no avail. So we will need some additional information for your specific case so that we could continue the investigation. Here is what the team needs at this moment:
- Let us know what the email address used for the new Fiddler Everywhere account registration (and activation) is. Is it firstname.lastname@example.org, or is it a different email?
- Are you able to create an entirely new account (with a different email)? If you encounter the same issue during the account activation, please forward the used email address.
- Are you by chance using a firewall that prevents you from opening the following page: https://getfiddler.com/login-success
The above page should load when we have a successful login attempt.
Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products, quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content, including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Thank you for your response.
- yes, it's the same email as this, email@example.com
- I am able to create and confirm activation with an alternate email-address
- I can open the login-success page without issue
I have also compared both links, and they are identical, except of course the parameters code, username, and email
Just seconds after I've sent my previous set of questions, I've noticed that you have an account with firstname.lastname@example.org created a few months ago (on the 21st of August).
So it is likely that if you are using the same email address, you cannot re-active the old activation link due to the long period that has passed. Please utilize the forgot password functionality (pressing the link will open a new Reset Password window) to receive further instructions on your email address.
I do? I completely forgot! I'd expect the UI to inform me I can't register with this address because it's already in use, though.
Thank you for the assist, I have used the Forgot Password function and now logged into my account.
Glad to hear that we were able to resolve the issue!
Indeed, the UI & UX can be significantly improved here so thank you for your feedback! The team is already planning the task.