This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Tooltip

1 Answer 30 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Zach Mathews
Top achievements
Rank 1
Zach Mathews asked on 01 Mar 2010, 06:22 PM
Hi, 

I am trying to add a tooltip to a column in the TreeListView however it does not seem to work. I have column templates defined for each of my columns and only need the tooltip to display for one in which I have a textbox inside of... here is an example:

<ctrlTelerik:RadColumn>

<us:TextBox Text="{Binding Text}" ToolTipService.ToolTip="{Binding Text}"/>

</ctrlTelerik:RadColumn>

No tooltip ever displays or even attempts to display, is there another way to go about this? Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Miroslav
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2010, 09:04 PM
Hi Zach Mathews,

The Are you setting the Header or HeaderTemplate of the column? In this case the tooltip should appear in the column header in the header of the control.

If you want the tooltip to appear over rows of the controls then you can place the tooltip in the CellTemplate for the given column.

Could there be a databinding error? Is there anything in the output window to indicate this?

Does the tooltip appear if the string is hardcoded instead of databound?

Kind regards,
Miroslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Zach Mathews
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miroslav
Telerik team
Share this question
or