This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The property 'DayTemplate' does not exist on the type 'RadDatePicker' in the XML namespace 'http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation'.

3 Answers 147 Views
DatePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ivan Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivan Paul asked on 17 Mar 2011, 07:07 AM
Hi there,

I have updated the latest build of telerik controls i.e. Q1 2011. I have upgraded my project with the latest binaries since then i have started getting the below issue. Can you please provide mw with a solution.

The property 'DayTemplate' does not exist on the type 'RadDatePicker' in the XML namespace 'http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation'.

Below is the code snippet.

<telerik:RadDatePicker DayTemplate="{x:Null}" Width="15"  x:Name="radDatePicker" SelectionChanged="radDatePicker_SelectionChanged"
                        SelectedDate="{Binding SelectedDate, Mode=TwoWay}">
                                        </telerik:RadDatePicker>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 01:36 PM
Hello Ivan,

Thank you for contacting us.

The DayTemplate property was marked obsolete and in Q1 2011 we have deleted it. To set the DayTemplate you have to set the CalendarStyle, like so:

<telerik:RadDatePicker>
    <telerik:RadDatePicker.CalendarStyle>
        <Style TargetType="telerik:RadCalendar">
            <Setter Property="DayTemplate">
            </Setter>
        </Style>
    </telerik:RadDatePicker.CalendarStyle>
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
ErrolM
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 09:54 AM
Hi Konstantina,

Like Ivan, I am going through the pain of retrofitting all the breaking deprecated changes so I am able to use the latest version.
In my case it is DisplayMode but the the concept is the same as Ivans;

We are going from a one line property with Intellisense eg:DisplayMode="MonthView"
to a five line setter declaration that requires a developer to enter generic property/value text eg:
    <telerik:RadDatePicker.CalendarStyle>
        <Style TargetType="telerik:RadCalendar">
            <Setter Property="DisplayMode" Value="MonthView" /> 
        </Style>
    </telerik:RadDatePicker.CalendarStyle>
Is that correct?

I believe I must be missing something fundamental with Silverlight development or the toolset.
Even ignoring the legacy aspect where I have dozens to retrofit, that seems to be making the task significantly more difficult.
Would you be able to explain what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks
Errol
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2011, 11:19 AM
Hello Errol,

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with our controls. However, you are setting correctly the property. Attached I am sending you a sample project in which the blue DatePicker has the DisplayMode set to YearView and it works as expected. The MonthView is the default one, so no change will be seen.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
DatePicker
Asked by
Ivan Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantina
Telerik team
ErrolM
Top achievements
Rank 1