This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik 2009.03 VS Package Load problem

3 Answers 126 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Madrinha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Madrinha asked on 12 Nov 2009, 12:35 PM
Greetings,

After uninstalling 2009.02 and installing 2009.03 I've got some problems with a package loading on VS 2008 Start:
"Package Load Failure" pointing to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Packages\{d4f5086c-54b9-4b07-bd22-af72d5b9228f}

If I delete this record VS stops giving me the load erro, but the other issues remains:
-the openaccessdatasource wizard (on configure data source link) does not do anything
-I've got the task errors on VS 2008 when I open a webpage with OpenAccessDataSource:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type 'Microsoft.DataWarehouse.VsIntegration.Shell.Project.Extensibility.ProjectExt' in Assembly 'Microsoft.DataWarehouse.VsIntegration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' is not marked as serializable.
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.InternalGetSerializableMembers(RuntimeType type)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.GetSerializableMembers(Type type, StreamingContext context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitMemberInfo()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.MarshalToBuffer(Object o)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetObjectForNativeVariant(IntPtr pSrcNativeVariant)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorViewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Model.VASolution.RefillProjectCache()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Model.VASolution.SolutionOpened()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Model.VASolution..ctor(BaseAddin addin, _DTE dte)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Model.VASolution.GetSolution(_DTE applicationObject)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.GetHelperClassNamesFromWebSite()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.DoWorkInAnotherDomain()
   at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
   at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.Initialize()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.GetProxyTypes()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.API.RuntimeSupport.GetProxyTypes()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.PersistentClassesProvider.ObtainTypes()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.PersistentClassesProvider.GetClassesSorted()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Design.PersclassTypeConverter.GetPersistentClasses()

I run the tool Telerik.OpenAccess.AddinInstaller.exe available on the ORM folder, but I've check that on that guid the codebase key is pointing to:
C:\Program Files\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\sdk\Telerik.CommonPackage.dll
But I cannot find the assembly anywhere...

The tool just give this feedback now:
Warning in [Telerik.OpenAccess.AddinInstaller.InstallationPaths]: Visual Studio 8.0 not installed.
Info in [Telerik.OpenAccess.AddinInstaller.InstallationPaths]: Visual Studio 9.0 install directory: [c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\]
Warning in [Telerik.OpenAccess.AddinInstaller.InstallationPaths]: Visual Studio 10.0 not installed.

Eduardo Barbosa

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2009, 09:07 AM
Hello Eduardo,
After starting the AddinInstaller, did you click uninstall/install? If that does not help, can you open your solution, close all editor windows and run our check settings wizard from the Telerik->OpenAccess->Configuration menu? The wizard should fix all version problems within your aspx code.

If that does not help, can you send me the problematic project?

Regards,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Madrinha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2009, 10:46 AM
Hi,

I did make uninstall and install in addin installer utility. I've also run the check setting on both telerik projects and no fix is identified.
I've start a new solution and a new project and even with the load package problem on VS 2008 I can run the OpenDataSource wizard with no problems and there no System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException erros on the task list.

I understant you cannot take a deep loop without the project but by client agreement restrictions I cannot send it for your analysis.

Best Regards
Eduardo Barbosa
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Eduardo,
The only situation that might show this error is if the solution is compiled with an old version. Can you recompile everything? The wizards are accessing the compiled assemblies, those have to be up to date.

Best wishes,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Madrinha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
Madrinha
Top achievements
Rank 1