This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Styling with Blend for VS 2012 broken?

6 Answers 57 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
tomcrusader
Top achievements
Rank 2
tomcrusader asked on 29 Oct 2013, 04:09 PM
Is it just me or is it not possible to style Telerik Controls since Visual Studio 2012 and included Expression Blend?

I've tried this on completely different computers, Win 7 on one and Win 8 on the other.

While it works with Microsoft controls, the option simply isn't there for Telerik Controls.

For example, I've followed this tutorial:
http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/gridview-styling-header-row.html

"From the menu choose Object -> Edit Additional Styles -> HeaderRowStyle -> Edit a Copy."

This is not possible, as shown in attached screenshot. The only available option is Create Empty?

Further more, if I choose Edit Template > Edit a Copy on the same RadGridView, I just get an empty slate; no objects, properties or states?? Generated XAML is then this empty ControlTemplate:
<ControlTemplate x:Key="RadGridViewControlTemplate1" TargetType="telerik:RadGridView"/>

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2013, 01:19 PM
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you specify version of the Telerik controls you are using? Also, can you try editing the template when the project is opened in VS2012 ? Do you have the same problem?

Regards,
Yordanka
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
tomcrusader
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Nov 2013, 09:11 AM
I've tried this with Q2 and Q3 2013, in both cases Visual Studio 2012. For Q2 under Windows 8, Q3 under Windows 7.

I now replicated the descibed beaviours in Visual Studio's Designer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbey2030sjku9wl/Screenshot%202013-11-04%2010.10.40.png
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2013, 02:30 PM
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the details.

I've tried to reproduce the problem but to no avail. Could you check the attached project and let me know about the result on your end?

Regards,
Yordanka
Telerik
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
tomcrusader
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Nov 2013, 03:13 PM
Well, something has to be fishy. My results are the same.

Attached: VS2012 on Win8.

Here it is on a different computer running Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga228qxwl2khgea/Screenshot%202013-11-07%2016.16.59.png
Accepted
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2013, 09:47 AM
Hi Thomas,

You mentioned HeaderRowStyle in your first post. I have no problem with HeaderRowStyle but can confirm that editing a GroupHeaderTemplate is not possible. Actually, GroupHeaderTemplate is not part of RadGridView's template and appears incorrectly in additional templates. We will consider remove it. Could you specify what part of RadGridView you are trying to style? If you would like to modify the group row please follow this help topic.

Regards,
Yordanka
Telerik
tomcrusader
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Nov 2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you for noticing my discrepancy. It worked with your project.

So I created a new project, using the 2013.2.724.1050 Telerik Silverlight DLLs. Sure enough - here the problem can be reproduced.

Example project here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1027259/Examples/Telerik.Silverlight.GridView.2013.2.724.1050.zip

So just make sure have your toolkit up to date, and it'll work fine - now I can get on with my work =)
Tags
GridView
Asked by
tomcrusader
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Yordanka
Telerik team
tomcrusader
Top achievements
Rank 2