This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

stretching a chart across 100% of the chartarea

2 Answers 184 Views
Charts
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeremy asked on 24 Sep 2012, 04:07 PM
Hi. I'm currently working on styling my charts for a web application I'm building, but I'm running into some issues with styling the charts.

As an example of what I would like my charts to look like, please take a look at the attached file:  chart-large.gif

I'm styling it so that the grid lines are transparent, and basically everything but the area is not visible. 

As an example of what I've got it looking like now, almost to were we want it: screen-shot.png

And a diagram of what we are hoping to change it to look like: desired.gif

So my questions is this: how do I get the plots to move from in between the grid lines (that are currently not visible) and stretched to both ends of the chart?

Is this not possible? Is there any way to hack it to achieve what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for any input. It will be most helpful.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Iron
answered on 17 Oct 2012, 01:22 PM
Support recently told me that this was not available and that I could make a suggestion in user voice.

This is a horrible oversight. How can they have so many other options that people have no idea how to use, but a simple thing like removing padding so the charts that people create can look good was overlooked? If you look at the home page for the demos even the screen shot that is there has padding removed: http://demos.kendoui.com/content/dataviz/overview/area.png. Why is that? Is it because area charts look horrible when they do not fill up all of the space? All I want to do is what is in that image. Perhaps I had not explained my need accurately, but that picture does. Is that possible? HighCharts can remove the padding and most other charting tools can remove the padding. I don't want to use those tools. I paid for Kendo so I could have a standardized toolset and I think that is the real reason that most other developers purchase the tools as well.
Accepted
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi guys,

I am glad to inform you that with our latest internal build the desired functionality is already available. The developers have managed to implement "justified" option to the categoryAxis that allows positioning of series points at the axis edges. Using the aforementioned build and the following configuration the desired outcome will be achieved: 
$("#chart").kendoChart({
  //....
  categoryAxis: {
    //....
    justified: true
  }
});

All the best,
Iliana Nikolova
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
Charts
Asked by
Jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran