I have a stored procedure in my database which looks up a number in a table, increments it by one, and updates the table value with the new value - a classic get me the next available number scenario. The stored procedure works perfectly executed through SQL management console. The new value is an output parameter.
However when I execute this stored procedure from my asp.net code using Telerik open access, it does return to me the new value correctly but the update of the old value with the new value doesn't stick. The database still shows the old value after the sp executes through data access.
I've used stored procedures to do database updates and I've used stored procedures to return values successfully - I guess this is the first time I've tried to do both. Is there something about Data Access that prevents this from working. It is the last statement of the sp which does the table update.