spreadsheet

1 Answer 89 Views
Spreadsheet wrapper
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
asked on 08 Dec 2021, 03:50 AM
  • How does the spreadsheet component get the coordinates of the currently selected cell

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2021, 07:38 AM

Hi 三,

Can you specify what coordinates you need?

If you are looking for the row and column indexes of the selected cell inside the Spreadsheet, you can use the approach I shared with you in this forum thread. Here I am talking about the selection method. The _ref property of its result contains the topLeft and bottomRight properties. Inside each of these, there are col and row values that hold the indexes of the topLeft and bottomRight coordinates of the user's selection. 

If the above doesn't help you achieve what you need, can you give me more details about the functionality that you want to implement?

Regards,
Petar
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 08 Dec 2021, 07:58 AM

Based on the VUE Spreadsheet component, when I select a cell or the entire range, I want to get one of its coordinates, for example (A1:B2), in something like this format
Petar
Telerik team
commented on 08 Dec 2021, 08:37 AM

You can check the solution shared in this forum thread that discusses the same as the requested functionality. 

Having the row and column indexes, using the method suggested in the linked forum discussion, you can get the cell coordinates in the needed format. 

Tags
Spreadsheet wrapper
Asked by
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Share this question
or