This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Silverlight hour glass hangs at 100%

5 Answers 157 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael Huthwaite
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael Huthwaite asked on 27 Jun 2012, 04:10 PM
Hello, I'm not technical, so bear with me.  We are running a LOB silverlight application using Telerik Controls.  I have a user in France (who has french settings on his Window 7 (SP1) 64 bit machine and is running IE9 and latest Silverlight 5 (64 bit).  When he launches our product all he see is the silverlight hour glass at 100%.  We know Silverlight is installed and running fine.  Could it be that a telerik control library is not able to function?
We have also looked at security settings, but nothing comes to mind.  Any help on eliminating a Telerik concern would be greatly helpful.

Thanks and sorry for lack of technicals

mike

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lancelot
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2012, 03:52 PM
Hi Michael,

One question comes to mind, if you could answer, it would help me drill into what may be causing this. Is this French user the only person seeing this hang up? Also, do you know of any other users that have a different region setting on their PC and are able to use it successfully?

We need to figure out a few things first.
1- Is this happening to other people?
2- If yes, what language/culture is their PC set to?
3- Are you using the Telerik LocalizationManager in your application?
4- Have you recently changed any of your project's namespaces?

There could be a number of things wrong, and the fact that it is only happening to one user, tells me it is something on his system that is preventing the app from completely loading.

The main piece of advice I can give you is to have the user try opening the app in another browser. If he is using IE9, have him download, install and run the app in Google Chrome. I found that this solved a few of my issues that were similar to yours.

Good Luck,
Lancelot
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2012, 09:33 AM
Hello all,
I am a beginner here, and just started to see the threads here. Thanks for the information.
Michael Huthwaite
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks Lancelot-
We had tried our application on other Non-US culture PCs and did not see a problem.  Having said that, we think we may have solved the problem.  All the Non-US culture PCs we tested on were still using US numeric formats (ie #,###.00).  This is not the case with France.  We're awaiting confirmation, but thought I would provide you with the latest update.  Thanks for your help.

mike
Lancelot
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for keeping me in the loop. Let me know what you eventually find, your information could help anyone else who has experienced the same problem.

Lancelot
Michael Huthwaite
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2012, 03:14 PM
this was indeed the case.  Not sure what the code fix was per se, but as a general note, keep in mind that countries nearer to US (I.E. AUS, UK, Mexico, etc) aren't always the best countries to test for cultural differences (as their numeric formats are the same as US).
thanks,
mike
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael Huthwaite
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lancelot
Top achievements
Rank 1