As our colleague Valentin has already sent all the code, I will just explain what you should do to reach the desired result. Please follow the plan explained bellow:
1. First let us change the application's content - copy the attached RadWindowBlend.xaml
file over the existing one in TelerikThemingApplication
project - there is a simple Tree with some items.
2. I highly advise you to preview the Common.xaml
file from MyCustomTheme
project - this is the place where we hold definitions for all common brushes used in our controls. You can edit these brushes in order to recolor RadControls - this approach is addressed in Tweaking the Theme colors
3. Preview the TreeView.xaml
file (from the Valentin's archive). Especially look at following places:
- rows 7 and 31 where the SelectedBrush
brush is preloaded as a TreeView resource:
- the row 533 where the usage of the SelectedBrush
brush is scripted as main part of SelectionVisual
4. One easy way to change the look of selected tree item is to change the SelectedBrush
brush in TreeView.xaml
file - just clean the row 31 and define a new SelectedBrush
brush. In the attached archive in the Step4
folder you can find such a file - just copy it over the existing one in the MyCustomTheme
project and preview the result.
5. The second way is to change the SelectionVisual
element directly at row 533 (as it is done in file located in the Step5
folder from the attached archive).
6. And finally you can change the TreeViewItem's template completely in order to conform the task you are working on. For example you can preview the code inside the Lookless TreeView
Paul, please give it a try and let us know if there are other questions.
the Telerik team
Check out Telerik Trainer
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.