This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SelectionMode Multiple not working?

3 Answers 105 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Espen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Espen asked on 01 Aug 2011, 09:40 AM
I'm not getting SelectionMode property to work properly. With this xaml markup:
<telerik:RadTreeView Grid.Column="2" SelectionMode="Multiple" ItemsSource="{Binding Chapters}" DisplayMemberPath="Name" />

I still have to use control to select multiple nodes. By looking at the documentation, this is how SelectionMode Extended works...and it does work properly in a RadGridView. Is this intended? I'm using version Q1 2011 of the telerik controls if that matters.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2011, 12:30 PM
Hello Espen Berglund,

This is a known issue in the RadTreeView control. It is logged in our PITS where you can track its progress and vote for it thus increasing its priority.

Kind regards,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Sasa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2014, 07:42 AM
Is there any progress? This bug was submitted on 22 September 2010.
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2014, 01:38 PM
Hello,

This behavior is indeed logged in our system as a bug. Currently, we are monitoring our customers' demand. Fixing this particular bug is with low priority because you can achieve multiple selection logic on application level using binding to the RadTreeViewItem.IsSelected property and controlling the selection through code. 

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Espen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
Sasa
Top achievements
Rank 1