This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Scrolling and Zooming not working with Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting v2.0.50727

1 Answer 54 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gautam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gautam asked on 22 Dec 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi team,

I need to use the telerik chart control for scrolling and zooming, available in the assembly Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting v2.0.50727 and after a lot of forum search and research, I found no solution to the issue where the automatic handling of scrolling and zooming is not really supported by this verion of telerik.

I have set the following zooming and scrolling in the code:

ZoomScrollSettings

zoomScrollSettings = new ZoomScrollSettings();
zoomScrollSettings.MinZoomRange = .01;
zoomScrollSettings.RangeStart = 0;
zoomScrollSettings.RangeEnd =
Convert.ToDouble(this.NumberOfXAxisPointsToDisplay / Convert.ToDouble(maxDataPoints));
zoomScrollSettings.ScrollMode =
ScrollMode.ScrollOnly;
this.chrtMain.SamplingSettings.SamplingThreshold = this.NumberOfXAxisPointsToDisplay * 100;
this.customChartArea.ZoomScrollSettingsX = zoomScrollSettings;
this.customChartArea.ZoomScrollSettingsX.PropertyChanged += new PropertyChangedEventHandler(ZoomScrollSettingsX_PropertyChanged);

Also, I have used the databinding feature by providing the datapoints collection as the itemsource value as follows:
this.chrtMain.ItemsSource = _AllDataPoints;
where _AllDataPoints is a List of List of custom data point class.

Am I missing out anything in the above settings or this is not really supported?

Thanks,
Gautam

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Evgeni "Zammy" Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Dec 2010, 05:48 PM
Hello Gautam,

The version number you have supplied does not look like a valid one. Our versioning goes like: 
[year].[q].[date].[runtime-version]  (example: 2010.3.1223.35)
What you have supplied looks like .NET runtime version, RadChart is supported on .NET 3.5 and 4.0.

What do you mean by automatic handling of scrolling and zooming? Can you please provide more details about the specific issues you see? Thanks.

Best wishes,
Evgeni "Zammy" Petrov
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for Silverlight
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Gautam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Evgeni "Zammy" Petrov
Telerik team
Share this question
or