We would like to recommend you to read the following article: Northwind N-Tier Web Demo Application
about n-tier web application, which discusses handling CRUD operations with Telerik OpenAccess ORM from our knowledge base articles. You could find the code examples useful as well – Northwind N-Tier Web Demo Application
, CRUD example
, Implementing cascading delete with Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
To achieve the CRUD operations in the administrators management page you should use database view for the aspnet_Users, aspnet_Membership, Administrator tables and stored procedures which handle these operations. You should use stored procedures because the view gathers information from three tables and is not updatable. In order to achieve this goal you should follow the steps bellow:
1. Create the AdministratorView and the necessary stored procedures from the sql.sql file;
2. Run the Reverse Mapping Wizard for the Data Access Layer project;
3. Go to the Advanced View tab and locate the Views node from the treeview;
4. Click on the AdministratorView:
- Expand the AdministratorView node and click on the UserId. Then check the PrimaryKey checkbox on the right;
- Choose the Class option and Use Stored Procedures on the right;
- Inside the Stored Procedure Mapping box you should select the stored procedures for the delete, insert and update operations. In front of the DELETE you should pick the delete stored procedure from the MappedParameter dropdown. Do the same for the insert and the update operations;
5. Click on the Generate and Save Config button;
After you complete these steps OpenAccessDataSource will use the selected stored procedures for the specified operations;
We changed the type of your thread from Forum to Product Feedback
in order to be able to attach a sample solution that you can use as a reference. Steps [2 – 5] are not required for the sample project we provide to you, because they are already executed.
I hope that will help you solving your issue.
All the best,
the Telerik team