Hi there, I'm the former CEO and chief designer for ADM, a desktop program which includes a very powerful outliner with columns - aka treelistivew. I'm impressed by the start you have made in producing a treelistview for RIA/Silverlight view.. Your current demo, however, does not include the following standard or semi-standard funcrtions found in outliners and your own treeview componet. These features, including word wrap and ability to move the topics/cells in the outline, are esential in any serious outliner or treelist. Are there features nevertheless available in the treelistview component? If you have them, we are very interersted in using it.
1. Ability to add, edit, and delete cells at any point in the outline. Ability to add a cell at any hierarchial level and at any place in the outline - and not just at the beginning or end of the outline - is crucial.
2. Automatic Text wrap in topics/cells for multi-line data entry.
3. Ability to apply basic text formatting - such as fonts, bold, italics, and colours - to any character or word in a topic in the outline.
4. Ability for user to add links to webpages, other cells, etc. to any topic/cell.
5. Drag and drop and move and copy and paste for cells. (child levels should automatically move or copy when copying or moving a parent cell.
6. Pivot table capability as found in the 'drag a column hearder here and drop it to group by that title' function in your grid.
7. In general, the function found in standard outliners and in your treeview component need to be added.