RadWindow not working

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jon Barron
    Jon Barron avatar
    24 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2010 Link to this post

I'm trying to implement the RadWindow solution according to the article "Use RadWindow as UserControl" (http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/radwindow-how-to-use-radwindow-as-user-control.html). I literally copied and pasted the xaml and C# code from the article.

It will not compile, because the constructor call to InitializeComponent is not found. The process to recreate is pretty simple:
    1. rt click, add new item, select new User Control.
    2. replace the xaml from article.
    3. replace the C# from the article.

Also, I cannot instantiate more than one copy of a user control that is based on a RadWindow and show it at the same time. The first instance works as expected, but when I try to create and show a second instance, I get an error after calling the Show() method on the second instance: "Value does not fall within expected range".

Versions:
    Telerik.Windows.Controls: 2010.1.422.1040

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
    Version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.0.30319 RTMRel

Thanks!
    ~J

2. Konstantina
    Admin
    Konstantina avatar
    2332 posts

Posted 09 Jun 2010 Link to this post

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your interest in our controls.

Please find the attached file in which I have performed the steps you have described in your post. At our side everything seems to work properly.

If you still experience problems please send us a sample project which we can test here locally.

Greetings,
    Konstantina
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.