This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Pushwoosh plugin

7 Answers 82 Views
Command-Line Interface
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Ste
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ste asked on 20 May 2016, 07:58 AM

Hello,

I am trying to install the Pushwoosh verified plugin and as suggested by the documentation I added the plugin with 'appbuilder plugin add "Pushwoosh"'.

I tried to build/deploy on iOS but it didn't complete, I got 'Unable to write to file: '4333331120'. Result is: '21''. On Android instead as soon as it calls window.plugins.pushNotification.registerDevice()the app just crashes with no apparent errors.

Are these errors somehow related to the plugin? 

Please note that I can not see any reference to the plugin in the .abproject file nor the code was downloaded in the Plugins folder. Why? Did I forget to do anything to correctly install the plugin?

Using appbuilder 2.3.4-662 on Mac OX El Capitan, with still mobileframework 3.7.0. Could it be an incompatibility with the old framework?

Thanks

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ste
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 May 2016, 05:40 AM

I am trying to update my app to the latest cordova version (5.0.0), but when I tried to build it for android (in release mode) I got this error:

Project "PirateRoaming.tmp.proj" (default targets):<br>   Warning: Cannot include the following item(s) in your application: .DS_Store;Plugins\cordova-plugin-contacts-master\.gitignore;Plugins\cordova-plugin-geolocation-master\.gitignore;Plugins\cordova-plugin-geolocation-master\.travis.yml;Plugins\cordova-plugin-statusbar-master\.travis.yml;Plugins\Cordova-sqlite-storage-master-rc\.gitignore;Plugins\Cordova-sqlite-storage-master-rc\.travis.yml;Plugins\Cordova-sqlite-storage-master-rc\spec\.cordova\config.json;Plugins\Cordova-sqlite-storage-master-rc\spec\platforms\.gitignore;Plugins\Cordova-sqlite-storage-master-rc\spec\plugins\.gitignore;Plugins\Cordova-sqlite-storage-master-rc\src\external\.gitignore;Plugins\ionic-plugins-keyboard-master\.gitignore;Plugins\ionic-plugins-keyboard-master\src\blackberry10\native\.cproject;Plugins\ionic-plugins-keyboard-master\src\blackberry10\native\.project;Plugins\Phonegap-SMS-master\.gitignore. The build system treats items with a leading dot as hidden files or directories and does not process them. If you want to include these items in your application package, rename them and rebuild your app.<br>   android Build Tooling revision 2016.05.03.3r<br>   Warning: Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.<br>   Warning: Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.<br>   Warning: Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.<br>   Warning: Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.<br>   Warning: FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.<br>   Warning: * What went wrong:<br>Execution failed for task ':processArmv7ReleaseResources'.<br>   Warning: > Error: more than one library with package name 'com.google.android.gms'<br>   Warning: * Try:<br>Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with<br>   Warning: --info or --debug option to get more log output.<br>   Warning: undefined<br>   Error: Build failed during execution<br>   Error: 'Build failed with error code 2'<br>Done building project "PirateRoaming.tmp.proj" -- FAILED.

What does it mean and how could I fix it?

Thanks

Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2016, 01:33 PM
Hi Ste,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm going straight to your questions:
 -  'Unable to write to file: '4333331120'. Result is: '21'This error is related to iOS devices and it indicates that we are unable to transfer the .ipa file to device. Most times it indicates error with some service on the iOS device. You can try restarting the device and call $ appbuilder deploy ios again.
 -  On Android instead as soon as it calls window.plugins.pushNotification.registerDevice()the app just crashes with no apparent errors.  We'll need more information on this issue. You can try calling $ appbuilder device log and start the application on Android meanwhile. The command will print the log of the device and you should find further information what's causing the crash.
 - Error: more than one library withpackage name 'com.google.android.gms' This issues may occur in case some of your custom plugins has integrated the com.google.android.gms service as a jar file. The new way to use services from Google Play is to add the following in their plugins.xml file:
<framework src="com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm:+" />
If the Google Play services is added in a different manner (for example as a .jar file) this will cause build failure as the framework will be replaced by the real dependency and it will conflict with the included .jar for example.
You can check your custom plugins and make sure they are using the Google Play Services with the "framework" keyword.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Ste
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2016, 05:05 PM

Rosen,
thanks for your reply.
Regarding the issue with PushWoosh I switched to the current 'working' version of our App (cordova 3.7.0) and run the log as you suggested (thanks for letting me know about this great tool!) and I recorded the attached log.

I installed PushWoosh v.3.6.16.1, could the error depend on a compatibility issue with Cordoba 3.7?

Again I am not sure if I installed correctly my plugin(s) (I could have messed with that); should I have a local copy of the code of all my plugins inside the Plugins folders? Maybe only for the non-core/verified ones?
S
hould I have instead a reference of the plugins inside any of the .abproject files?

Thanks!

Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 30 May 2016, 10:39 AM
Hello Ste,

I've tried to reproduce the issue on my side, but with no luck. We've updated all Android Build Tools on our build machines, maybe this has fixed the issue or I'm missing something while trying to reproduce it.

The plugins defined in *.abproject will be included in your project on our Servers. All plugins inside Plugins dir are considered as "Custom" plugins as you have control over their source code and you include them manually in your project.

In case you still reproduce the issue, you may try getting the original source code of the push plugin. Just execute: 
$ appbuilder plugin fetch https://github.com/Pushwoosh/pushwoosh-phonegap-plugin.git

This command will get the latest code from the mentioned repo and will copy it to your Plugins directory.
After that remove the pushwoosh reference from all of your *.abproject files and try building your app again.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Ste
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2016, 06:17 PM

Rosen,

FYI the last version of PushWoosh plugin (v.5.0.3) worked fine for Android with Cordova 4 and 5. You might want to update, or at least check, your verified plugin which is quite 'old' now.

What is the difference between the list of plugins in .abproject and .release.abproject or .debug.abproject? Which plugins should I have listed in the first file and which ones in the others?
Are .release.abproject and.debug.abproject 

Thanks,
s.

Ste
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2016, 07:18 PM

sorry, I mistakenly posted my text before finishing. I was asking:

Are .release.abproject and.debug.abproject used differently in newer new cordova versions? I believe in v.3.7.0 they were almost empty, while now they include a lot of data. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2016, 07:39 PM
Hi Ste,

I'm glad the latest version of Pushwoosh plugin worked for you. I'll check what's the state of our verified plugin and see what can we do to update it.
As per the .debug.abproject, .release.abproject and .abproject - these are configuration files of your project. The main project file is .abproject. For your debug configuration (when you produce debug builds), the properties from .debug.abproject are applied over the properties of .abproject. When you use --release (release builds), the properties of .release.abproject are applied over .abproject. So the final configuartion is mix of your configuration specific file and .abproject.
You can find detailed information about configurations in our documentation.
As per the new plugins from latest Cordova, there are some plugins that should be added in order to us Cordova 5.0.0, but maybe the migration had added more than the required plugins. You can try removing some of them, in case you do not use them in your code.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Tags
Command-Line Interface
Asked by
Ste
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ste
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team