This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problems after downloading 2012_2_0725_Dev_hotfix

6 Answers 75 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob Ainscough asked on 26 Jul 2012, 06:59 PM
After downloading 2012_2_0725_Dev_hotfix (note: I did NOT change project references or migrate to the new DLLs) I started getting this error in one of my pages/User Controls ??

Error 26 Ambiguous type reference. A type named 'RadRibbonBackstage' occurs in at least two namespaces, 'Telerik.Windows.Controls' and 'Telerik.Windows.Controls'. Consider adjusting the assembly XmlnsDefinition attributes.

Project references are set to 2012_2_0607 so I don't understand why I'm getting this error?  If I go to the XAML 

<telerik:RadRichTextBoxRibbonUI BackstageClippingElement="{Binding ElementName=gridRadRtbParent}" CollapseThresholdSize="50,50" DataContext="{Binding Path=Commands, ElementName=ManageLettersRadRTB}" Title="Letter" TitleBarVisibility="Collapsed">
                                <telerik:RadRichTextBoxRibbonUI.Backstage>
                                    <telerik:RadRibbonBackstage>

The element <telerik:RadRibbonBackstage> will be identified as the problem with the following highlighted error "Property 'Backstage' does not support values of type 'RadRibbonBackstage'."

So 2 questions:
1.  Why is this now in "two namespaces" of 'Telerik.Windows.Controls'??
2.  Why would just downloading 2012_2_0725 cause this ... or did it?

Rob

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2012, 08:56 PM
SOLVED:

It was nothing to do with the latest download.

It was the old refernce "conflict" between Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView and .RibbonBar when using .RichTextBoxUI ... .RibbonView and .RibbonBar don't like each other ;)

There must be a better way for Telerik to deal with this issue moving forward ... wrapper class or something.

Rob.
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Sep 2012, 10:59 AM
Huh, what did you do to solve.  ? 
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Sep 2012, 11:05 AM
I tried to get rid of the RibbonBar reference then I've been able to load the whole RichTextBox editor demo but when running I get full of errors about BackStage

Object of type 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadRibbonBackstage' cannot be converted to type 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadRibbonBackstage'.

Ouff  I'm not close to have a complete working editor as the demo.....
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2012, 06:47 AM
Hello Marc,

Could you please check out this help article and let us know if it helps you proceed further? Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Petar Mladenov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Sep 2012, 05:17 PM
Marc,

You need to remove the project reference to Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonBar.

All you need are:
Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView
Telerik.Windows.Controls.RichTextBoxUI

Rob
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Sep 2012, 05:23 PM
I've opened a ticket for that.  Seems that the problem is more with Visual Studio 2012 RC not totally supported as it is just not working with it but I tried in VS 2010 and it's ok so I assume it's going to be fix in the not so far release for Visual Studio 2012

Thank you anyway
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marc Roussel