This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with MVC2 in the Vs2010 Beta? get_ClientValidationEnabled

4 Answers 82 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Kenneth Jamieson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kenneth Jamieson asked on 28 Feb 2010, 09:04 PM
Hey all!

I installed the Q1 MVC release and managed to get the sample (sith the panels) working. Now I am trying a bog simple grid...

<%= Html.Telerik().Grid(Model.Players)  
        .Name("Roster")  
        .Pageable()  
        .Sortable()  
%> 

And I am getting a pretty heinous error...

Method not found: 'Boolean System.Web.Mvc.ViewContext.get_ClientValidationEnabled()'.  

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.   

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean System.Web.Mvc.ViewContext.get_ClientValidationEnabled()'.  

I am betting it is because I am using VS2010 Beta 2 and not the VS2010 RC and as such only have ASP.NET MVC 2 Preview 2 and not the ASP.NET MVC 2 RC. I am sure there are minor changes.

The thign is, I CANNOT move to VS2010 RC until they allow for Silverlight 4 development, which they currently do not.  

Can you give us a workaround, or show us a way to get the grid to NOT check this, but let us specify it as a parameter? Of course I may be completely wrong about the problem and / or it's solution.

Thanks!

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2010, 07:38 AM
Hi Kenneth Jamieson,

Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC are built against ASP.NET MVC 2 RC. If you can somehow uninstall the version you are currently having and install the RC you would be able to get it working.

Alternatively you can try with a ASP.NET MVC 1.0 application and the appropriate build of Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC (not sure if it is possible to create one using VS2010 beta 2).

And of course the final path you can take is to modify the source and comment out the offending parts which do not work with that release.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Kenneth Jamieson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the reply!

As it turns out if you're careful you can uninstall the MVC2 runtime that comes with VS2010 and install the latest version... JUST the runtime, not the tools. While there will probably be minor issues moving forward with this set up, so far it has let me get further along.

Ken
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Kenneth Jamieson,

Nice to hear this! Indeed the tooling may not work (Add View, Add Controller) but if you manage to reference the right version the Telerik stuff will work as well.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Saurabh Saurabh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jun 2010, 01:54 PM
i am not able to use telerik mvc grid filter options. Can you tell me how to enable telerik for filteration? Also i am getting error when i am using Html.GetCurrentTheme()

Let me know the solution for the same.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Kenneth Jamieson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Kenneth Jamieson
Top achievements