This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

PdfProcessing 2019.3 does not work in .Net Core 3 web application

3 Answers 91 Views
PdfProcessing
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris asked on 21 Sep 2019, 01:03 AM
With the new release of 2019.3, I was trying to add PdfProcessing to my .net core 3 web application. Following the example found in the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core R3 2019 folder I added the correct references (Telerik.Windows.Documents.Fixed,Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core and so on). On my application it did compile however when using it I got an unhandled exception when I tried to create a new PdfFormatProvider. I don't have the exact wording on me right now but it was a TypeLoadException when trying to load/use Size or Point from WindowsBase. Now given that this is a web application it obviously has no reference to WindowsBase and as such it doesn't work

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2019, 04:02 PM

Hi Chris,

It turned out that there is an issue with the NuGet packages of Telerik Document Processing and we are currently working on resolving it. I created a public item on our feedback portal which you can use to track the status of the item and subscribe to receive automatic notifications about changes on it: Document Processing: ASP.NET Core project targeting Core 3.0 doesn't build due to missing namespaces in the Nuget package.

You can use the assemblies located in the pdfviewer folder of the local installation of UI for ASP.NET Core to work with PdfProcessing until the fix is released.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. I updated your Telerik points in appreciation for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Tanya
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2019, 04:38 PM

Hi Tanya

I had actually managed to figure that workaround (mostly by knowing that the demos were using the assemblies targeting netstandard2.0 and comparing to the assembly targeting netcoreapp3.0). You can just manually add the assemblies to the project (version 2019.3.903.20) and it will work. You also don't need to add the compatibility pack in either.

Unfortunately I've had to go the route of creating a custom build as the specific pdf I am working on the PdfProcessing library has problems with the encryption padding and the use of a CFFont (NotImplementedException) but for my use that's a known entity and easy to sort out

Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 27 Sep 2019, 06:41 PM

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to hear about the troubles this issue is causing you. Please, make sure you are following the public item so we can notify you of status updates on it.

Regards,
Tanya
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
PdfProcessing
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tanya
Telerik team
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1