This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Paging for GridView

4 Answers 30 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
RAVINDRA
Top achievements
Rank 1
RAVINDRA asked on 17 May 2011, 01:42 PM
Hi

I have thousands of rows in my database. So, I wanted to implement paging for the records. So, can you please let me know how do I implement Paging for GridView?

Thanks in advance
Ravindra

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2011, 01:57 PM
Hello RAVINDRA,

You may try our RadDataPager control. Please, refer to these demos and do not hesitate to contact is if any further inquiries occur.

All the best,
Ivan Ivanov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
RAVINDRA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks a lot Ivan
RAVINDRA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Ivan

After going through the demos, I have got the following doubt. It seems i have to get all the rows and assign to the Source of DataPager. But if i want to implement dynamic loading after every few pages how do i do it?
Forex: i want to load 5 pages of data for the first time and then if user clicks on 6th page, then wants to load from db again. So that from 2nd to 10th i will not be making any db call.

Please let me know if it is possible with DataPager.

Thanks
Ravindra
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2011, 02:23 PM
Hello RAVINDRA,

Yes, it is possible to implement a load on demand scenario with RadDataPager. You may refer to this demo that utilizes our new control - the RadDomainDataSource.

Greetings,
Ivan Ivanov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
GridView
Asked by
RAVINDRA
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
RAVINDRA
Top achievements
Rank 1