2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Erik
    Erik avatar
    314 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2008

    Posted 21 Mar 2012 Link to this post


    Trying to use the 'OpenAccessLinqDataSource' today. 

    First of all, the Wizard is not showing any entities (the 2nd dropdown in the wizard stays empty) It does show to contexts: my own context (that has no entity listing) a standard generated context that has entity listing (getAll(of...)

    I tried it by code:
    <telerik:OpenAccessLinqDataSource ID="OpenAccessLinqDataSource1" runat="server"
        Where="RecommendationCode == 'A'">

    This is causing an error:
    'Telerik.OpenAccess.Web.OpenAccessLinqDataSource' does not have a public property named 'EndpointName'.

    I was following this article: 
    Using Q1 2012 ASP.NET and ORM


  2. Zoran
    Zoran avatar
    534 posts

    Posted 21 Mar 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Erik,

     Please let me apologize for the issue you just encountered. The documentation topic you have read contains API that was not released. As the error states, there is no EndpointName property on the OpenAccessLinqDataSource.

    The glitch seems to have happened because we did rename the EndpointName property to ResourceSetName in a later stage of the OpenAccessLinqDataSource. The topic you read though seems to have been written while our datasource control was still in a Beta version. The change of API was not propagated in this documentation topic for which we sincerely apologize. This glitch will be fixed in the following few days. In the meantime, you can continue developing with the OpenAccessLinqDataSource by just using the ResourceSetName property instead of EndpointName.

    Your Telerik points have been updated.

    the Telerik team
    Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q1 2012 release is here! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Back to Top