This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

need help on Skin when upgrading to Telerik Q3 2012

3 Answers 49 Views
Designs, skins, themes
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tuan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tuan asked on 10 Dec 2012, 03:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I just involved in a existing project which is using Q4 2006 version. I upgraded into  Q3 2012. After upgrading I lose the style of all skin.
The existing code in skin file

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="radG" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="radCln" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="radspl" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="radT" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="radW" %>
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="radP" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="radTS" %>

<
radCln:RadDatePicker runat="server" SkinID="myDate">
    <Calendar runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="11px" Skin="Calendar" SkinsPath="~/App_Themes/Default/"></Calendar>
    <DateInput Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="11px" DateFormat="d"></DateInput>
</radCln:RadDatePicker>

<radCln:RadTimePicker runat="server" SkinID="myTime">
    <DateInput Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="11px" Width="40px" DateFormat="HH:mm"/>
    <TimeView TimeFormat="HH:mm" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="11px" Skin="Calendar"
    SkinsPath="~/App_Themes/Default/" Interval="00:15:00" Columns="12" />
</radCln:RadTimePicker>

<radT:RadTreeView  runat="server" ImagesBaseDir="~/images/"
SkinsPath="~/App_Themes/Default/" Skin="Treeview" SkinID="myTree">

ASPX file:

<radT:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeAD" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"  SkinID="myTree" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" >
                                                                </radT:RadTreeView>
                                                                <hr />
                                                                <radT:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeDB" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"  SkinID="myTree" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false">
                                                                </radT:RadTreeView> 

All the style of the skin is lost. does anyone have any idea how to fix this.

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Tuan,

Indeed there are breaking changes regarding the appearance and the skins of the Telerik controls since their release in 2006 (at the bottom of the page here you can check our release history). And indeed you might need to modify the new skin so that it has the same look at the one with the older version. Please take a look at the help articles below that describe the current structure of the skin of the RadMenu control for instance - Tutorial: Creating A Custom Skin Using Sprite

Another approach that you can take is using the Visual Style Builder and set the desired color for background and text.

Greetings,
Kate
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tuan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2012, 09:20 AM
Hi Telerik team,

Can you be more specific. As I am new to telerik. and have no idea to fix it. I tried with all the suggestion on google but still no luck.

Thanks,

Tuan
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2012, 08:33 AM
Hello Tuan,

I understand that the you are just getting started with the Telerik controls, but the version that you are upgrading from might indeed require major refactoring of the skins. To be more specific, with the earlier version of the controls we applied different approach regarding the css classes as well as different sprite images. Therefore it is very expected that the styles that you have for 2006 version do not have the same effect with the latest version. I would suggest to create your new custom styles using either of the approaches that I posted in my first reply. Let me know if you have any other question regarding particular controls that I can help you with.  

Regards,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Designs, skins, themes
Asked by
Tuan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kate
Telerik team
Tuan
Top achievements
Rank 1