This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MSSQL2008: Failed to create relational class of class '...' after KB4057113

1 Answer 81 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Markus asked on 20 Mar 2018, 11:37 AM

Hi,

I am getting exception 'Failed to create relational class of class ...' when trying to get object scope ( calling ObjectScopeProvider1.ObjectScope() ). Same error occurs when trying to connect to MSSQL 2012 or higher database. But after installing patch KB4057113 error occurs when connecting to MSSQLServer 2008 R2 database.

Telerik.OpenAccess 2009.3.1119.2

Any workaround? For current version of my application I am using newer Telerik.DataAccess version. But in this case I cannot easily update application.

Kind regards,

Markus

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Zhivkov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2018, 04:05 PM
Hello Markus,

I am afraid that the only option is to upgrade your (ancient) version of OpenAccess to a newer one what has the required patch.
Earliest version with patch is 2012.3.1012.1. Patch is attached as zip file.
Recommended version is 2013.3.1211.3. Patch is attached as zip file. Classic mapping tools are still available in Visual Studio 2010, 2012 and 2013.

If you are concerned that the classic mapping and API are gone, I believe that you can safely use them in the recommended version. If you have already experienced any issues with the runtime behavior and the API, please share them with us.

Regards,
Viktor Zhivkov
Progress Telerik
Telerik Data Access is no longer being developed. For more information please refer to this page.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Viktor Zhivkov
Telerik team
Share this question
or