Memory Gradually increasing when navigating one page to another page

8 posts, 0 answers
  1. muralidhar
    muralidhar avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2011

    Posted 03 Nov 2011 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I am using Q2 2011 SP1 version of telerik controls in my application and when i move from one page to another page and when i keep my application open for several hours then memory is gradually getting increased.

    Could you please help me in this regard.
    Thanks ..
    Muralidhar
  2. Aaron
    Aaron avatar
    20 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2012

    Posted 02 Dec 2011 Link to this post

    I'm having this issue as well. Same version.

    EDIT: Adding code below. It's quite severe. 20MB per page change.

    <telerik:RadGridView Grid.Row="0" HorizontalGridLinesBrush="#FF00203A"  VerticalGridLinesBrush="Transparent" Foreground="#FFD4D2D2"
             RowIndicatorVisibility="Collapsed" x:Name="ResearchRadGrid" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" 
             d:LayoutOverrides="Width" ItemsSource="{Binding ResearchItems}" AutoGenerateColumns="False" IsReadOnly="True" Margin="0">
      
      <telerik:RadGridView.Columns>
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Subject" DataMemberBinding="{Binding PimcoAMCARSSubject}" Width="3*"/>
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Ticker" DataMemberBinding="{Binding PimcoAMCARSTicker}" Width="65"/>
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Company" DataMemberBinding="{Binding PimcoAMCARSCompany}" Width="2*"/>
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="From" DataMemberBinding="{Binding PimcoAMCARSCreatedBy}" Width="1.5*"/>
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Date" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Created}" DataFormatString="{}{0:g}" Width="130"/>
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Reason" DataMemberBinding="{Binding PimcoAMCARSReason}" Width="2*"/>
        ...
      </telerik:RadGridView.Columns>
    </telerik:RadGridView>
    <telerik:RadDataPager PageSize="{Binding ResearchItems.PageSize}" Grid.Row="1" Source="{Binding Items, ElementName=ResearchRadGrid}" x:Name="ResearchItemPager" />
  3. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

    Posted 05 Dec 2011 Link to this post

    Hi,

     Can you post more info about ResearchItems? Can you replace the grid with standard SIlverlight DataGrid to see what will be the result? Do you have any implicit styles for RadGridView in your application? Any custom themes?

    Regards,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

    Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

  4. Aaron
    Aaron avatar
    20 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2012

    Posted 05 Dec 2011 Link to this post

    ResearchItems is a PagedCollectionView. Except for "Date", every member of an individual ResearchItem is a string. Date is a DateTime.

    There is a custom theme but it's simply a straight copy/paste from the "ExpressionDark" theme provided then replacing the colors.

    I changed to a regular silverlight DataGrid and while memory went up - it seemed to be reclaimed rather quickly.

    It seems to be directly related to the number of rows in the display changing. I changed my pagesize to 25 instead of 50 and it cut the memory hike in half (~10MB instead of ~20MB). 
  5. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

    Posted 06 Dec 2011 Link to this post

    Hello,

     Can you try to remove the custom theme temporary to see what will be the result? 

    All the best,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

    Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

  6. Aaron
    Aaron avatar
    20 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2012

    Posted 07 Dec 2011 Link to this post

    I switched to Windows7Theme... it got worse. Memory usage went up by 30MB every time I navigated to another page instead of 20MB.
  7. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

    Posted 08 Dec 2011 Link to this post

    Hi,

     Please open support ticket and send us an example project where we can replicate your scenario and these problems. 

    Regards,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

    Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

  8. Aaron
    Aaron avatar
    20 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2012

    Posted 09 Dec 2011 Link to this post

    One of the things that slipped my mind when posting was one of the columns I was using actually wasn't a string. It was a celltemplate that had binding via a bindinghelper. That was the cause of the issue. 
Back to Top