ListBox Control

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Helen
    Helen avatar
    101 posts

Posted 25 Jan 2010 Link to this post

How is the ListBox in the Telerik controls different from the native Silverlight ListBox?

I am trying to do something that I thought would be relatively simple: use a ListBox to display a "Table of Contents" where each item has two pieces of data: a text description and a page number. I would love to have the page number column right-aligned with a fixed width, and the text column take all the rest of the available space to the left. This turns out to be surprisingly difficult to do. I have tried with creating a new style, and with using a DockPanel from the Windows toolkit. Neither handle the resizing properly.

Does the Telerik Listbox have any features that would make this feasible? Is it really necessary to use a grid control instead to handle this scenario?

Thanks

Helen
  2. Valeri Hristov
    Admin
    Valeri Hristov avatar
    2252 posts

Posted 26 Jan 2010 Link to this post

Hi Helen,

The ListBox control in Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll was designed for internal use by RadScheduler, since in the past, the standard Silverlight ListBox control did not supported multiple selection. I would not recommend using our ListBox, since it is not officially supported and might be dropped some day in the near future.

Sincerely yours,
    Valeri Hristov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. Helen
    Helen avatar
    101 posts

Posted 26 Jan 2010 Link to this post

Thanks for the response.

Actually I finally found a simple solution -- just disable the ListBox's ScrollViewer's horizontal scrollbar.

Thx

Helen