This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Javascript error

3 Answers 63 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Patrik asked on 19 Jun 2014, 12:10 PM
Hello!

While removing items from GridView I sometimes encounter the following javascript error (mostly in Google Chrome):

Uncaught NotFoundError: Failed to execute 'removeChild' on 'Node': The node to be removed is not a child of this node.

Have you encountered this before? I don't think it really affects functionality, but have lots of javascript errors pouring out doesn't feel good either.

I'm using build 2014.1.526.1050 (but I have seen this error in every build I have tried)

Best regards,
Patrik Edberg

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2014, 12:29 PM
Hi,

We are not aware of such an issue with RadGridView for Silverlight.
Would you please share some more information on when do you get this exception? Is it related to a particular functionality you have implemented?

Regards,
Didie
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jun 2014, 06:01 AM
Maybe I was mistaken, it seems to occur every time I select an item in the RadTreeView we use as navigation. The GridView is listing the contents of the selected item in the RadTreeView, so maybe the error occurs in the RadTreeView. The Javascript error lacks stacktrace so I have no idea from where it originates, but it seems to occur every time I select an item in the RadTreeView. I have tested in both IE 11 and Chrome and it only occur in Chrome too. I'll see if I can create a test project that reproduce the error.
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2014, 08:19 AM
Hi Patrik,

I am afraid we are not aware of such an error neither with selecting item in RadTreeView nor with RadGridView.

It will be very helpful for us if you can isolate the issue in a demo project. You can take a look at this blog post for a reference on how to isolate an issue. 

Regards,
Didie
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1