After some investigation I found that the root cause of my issue is something else.
I have multiple views (containing a grid each) in my app, which are loaded when I click on the corresponding RadMenuItem.
Now, each of these grids needs the capability for the view changes (filter/sorting/grouping) to be saved.
So, in the constructor of each of these views I have the code that registers the custom persistence provider:
>( typeof( RadGridView ), new GridViewCustomPropertyProvider() );
Now, here are the repro steps for the issue:
1. Goto View 1. Filter/Group by a column. Save the view.
2. Refresh the browser. The last saved changes show up fine on View 1.
2. Goto View 2 (by clicking on the RadMenuItem).
3. Go back to View 1 (by clicking on the RadMenuItem). Filter/Group by a column. Save the view.
4. Refresh the browser.
5. The last saved changes don't show-up.
Waiting for a response.