This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is VS 2008 Undo supposed to work with JustCode?

7 Answers 50 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1
Craig A asked on 06 May 2010, 07:11 PM
It seems like when JustCode makes source file changes the VS 2008 'Undo' menu item is grayed out. I was working in an .aspx trying to refactor (Extract method) some Javascript. JustCode completely wrecked the whole file somehow, and I can't Undo my changes. Luckily I had not yet saved the file, so I was able to grab the disk copy and revert back to that - but I lost other changes I had made previously that I wanted to keep.

I find no mention of 'Undo' anywhere in the documentation or forums.

Thanks

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Craig,

When you start a JustCode multi-step refactoring the Undo enters transactional mode, i.e. all the changes made to the file during the refactoring are a single Undo transaction and the Undo toolbar is disabled while the refactoring is in progress. If you chose to commit the refactoring (that'd be press Enter for Extract Method) you get the Undo toolbar enabled again. If you click Undo at this point of time ALL the changes made by the Extract Method will get undone at once. If you chose to abort the refactoring (that'd be Esc in Extract Method) ALL the changes made by the Extract Method will get undone and the Undo toolbar will get enabled again.

Is this how things work for you? If not could you let me know at what point the VS behavior deviates from the described procedure?

Greetings,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2010, 12:32 AM
The basic problem seems to be that the Undo is being disabled and never re-enabled somehow. I will work to reproduce the problem and provide more detailed steps.  One thing for sure is that about 90% of the time right now I have no 'Undo' available in both my .cs and .aspx editors.
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2010, 10:03 AM
Hm, that's weird.  We have never seen anything like that so far.  It'd be really great if you could reproduce that and we know what actions lead to this state. That's a problem we'd definitely like to see fixed.

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Theodore
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 03:40 PM
I'm having the same issue in VS 2010 using the latest version of Just Code.  was there ever a fix for this?
Theodore
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 04:06 PM
never mind.  I rebooted and it started working. 
Theodore
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 04:12 PM
actually I just noticed, it's when the justcode errors window is docked and displayed.  when it's unpinned and hidden the undo works but if I show the just code errors again the undo button is disabled.  maybe that will help someone else.  before I had it pinned open all the time and that is why I didn't notice that when it's hidden the undo button works.
Yanaki Yanakiev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 06:07 PM
Hello Craig,

The undo in Visual Studio can stop working when you make an undo until you are in JustCode's rename mode. Restart of Visual Studio will restore the undo functionality.
Please open a support ticket and provide your JustCode logs(located at %localappdata%\JustCode\Logs) so that we are sure that this is the same issue.

Kind regards,
Yanaki Yanakiev
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1