I'm sorry to hear you have problems with JustCode performance. We are constantly making improvements to JustCode and address every issue one by one. They are all important to us.
In order to understand and resolve your problems more thoroughly can you please help us and answer some questions:
1. Can you give us some more details about your projects:
a. Are your projects in VB?
b. How many project files are opened in parallel?
c. How large are the files you open and does file size make a difference for performance?
d. How many warnings/errors JC reports you have in the whole solution?
2. Also it will be of great help if you can share something about your environment:
a. What version of Visual Studio do you use?
b. What version of JustCode do you use?
c. Do you have other VS extensions/add-ins (in particular productivity tools like R# and CodeRush)?
3. If you are not using the latest JustCode internal build, can you please try using it as we have made a lot improvements recently and your issues might be fixed?
4. Can you try disabling JustCode's Visual Hints (JustCode Options\Code Analysis\Hints - all checkboxes to be unchecked; JustCode Options\Visual Features, and JustCode Options\Visual Features\Structural Highlighting) and the Typing Assistance (JustCode Options\Typing Assistance) and see after that whether you will have the same issues with JustCode? Just to make sure that those are not at fault in your environments.
5. Can you also profile the devenv.exe process when VS with JustCode is started and you experience the issues described? For profiling you can use our profiling tool JustTrace with Sampling profiler (http://www.telerik.com/products/memory-performance-profiler.aspx
). I recommend using the latest internal build.
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>