This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation Problems

6 Answers 193 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 2
Steven asked on 25 Nov 2008, 08:46 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to Upgrade from VOA 4.4.0.48 to TOA 2008.3 1110

When I execute Setup.exe it tells me it could not find "Vanatec OpenAccess.msi"

When I rename Telerik-OpenAccess-ORM.msi to Vanatec OpenAccess.msi it continues, but ends up with:

---------------------------

parameterliste:

---replace

---C:\Programme\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\sdk\IDEIntegrations\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005\addin\

---*.AddIn

---__ASSEMBLY__

---C:\Programme\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\sdk\Telerik.OpenAccess.SDK.AddIn.dll

exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades C:\Programme\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\sdk\IDEIntegrations\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005\addin konnte nicht gefunden werden.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()

bei Poet.FastObjects.Setup.Filesystem.FileUtil.FindFilesInFolder(String searchPattern, DirectoryInfo folder, Boolean recurse, StringCollection resultFiles, FindProgress findProgress)

bei Poet.FastObjects.Setup.Filesystem.FileUtil.FindFiles(String folderName, String searchPattern, Boolean recurse, FindProgress findProgress)

bei Poet.FastObjects.Setup.MainClass.Main(String[] args)
OK   

I have Visual Studio 2003, 2005 and 2008 installed, and .net Framework up to 3.5

Thank you,
- Steven

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2008, 02:55 PM
Hello Stefan,

Can you please try to uninstall the old product first? There seems to be a migration problem from 4.4 to Telerik.

Sincerely yours,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Nov 2008, 04:31 PM
Hello Jan

Good to see you around :-)

I would like to try uninstalling, but I can't.  In the Add/Remove Software list I can only find Telerik OpenAccess ORM, which won't uninstall.

If I try it says:
The installer encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753.

When I start the old Vanatec OpenAccess.msi where I hoped to find the remove option it says:
Eine neuere Version dieses Programms ist bereits installiert.
Die installierte Version ist 08.11.1001 und dieses Installationsprogramm ist für Version 4.4.00048.

So I'm stuck with TOA, which won't install or let me remove it and VOA which still works in VS (at least something) but won't let me uninstall it.

Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2008, 09:06 AM
Hi Stefan,

That is not so nice, sorry about that, i think you have to use the windows install cleanup tool from MS.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

I hope that works.

Greetings,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Dec 2008, 05:07 PM
I tried the windows install clean up tool, but it would not remove Telerik Open Access from the Add / Remove Programs list.

I then deleted some TOA registry keys myself, reinstalled VOA and removed it. Then I installed TOA and it seems to have worked.

I'll try to update a project now.

Steven
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Dec 2008, 05:54 PM
Another problem: The documentation says I should use this in my config file:

<section name="openaccess" type="OpenAccess.Config.ConfigSectionHandler, OpenAccess.Config, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a339ffcee0b897b"/>

But it should be:

<section name="openaccess" type="Telerik.OpenAccess.Config.ConfigSectionHandler, Telerik.OpenAccess.Config, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342" />

Next:
When I set scope.MaxResultCount I get this exception when I call scope.ExecuteEnumerable

Error executing query: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Must declare the scalar variable "@__TAKE".
   bei Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.executeQuery()
   bei OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.executeQuery()
   bei OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.fetch.FetchResultImp.execute()
SQL:
SELECT  TOP(??T) [Oid], [CurrentValue], [Name], [Symbol] FROM [Material]  Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Must declare the scalar variable "@__TAKE".
   bei Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.executeQuery()
   bei OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.executeQuery()
   bei OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.fetch.FetchResultImp.execute()

I'm using version 2008.03.1204.1

=>  I guess the problem was that I used int.MaxValue :-)   This used to work in the old VOA.

Thomas
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2008, 11:48 AM
Hello Stefan,

you are right, using Int32.MaxValue gives an exception. I've fixed this under VOA-1946. As a workaround I recommend to not set the MaxResultCount when no real limitation is intended.

Sincerely yours,
Thomas
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 2