This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hyperlinks in 2013.3.1015.40 not working

3 Answers 30 Views
AJAX and Web 2.0
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tono
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tono asked on 03 Apr 2014, 07:31 AM
Hi

The hyperlinks inserted through Telerik RadEditor stopped working after changing Telerik.Web.UI.dll version to 2013.3.1015.40. The change was necessary, because earlier versions of that dll caused ImageEditor throwing a parse error.
The links only work when we CTRL click them, which is usable but not user friendly for our customer.
Is it a bug or is it a matter of Telerik RadEditor settings ?
The javascript workaround (setting target to links in OnClientLoad method - link.setAttribute("target", "#");) did not work.

Any suggestions ?
Thank you
Tono

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tono
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2014, 09:17 AM
Maybe this is an usefull information.
This is how it's rendered in IE.
<a onclick="return false;" href="http://www.google.com" target="blank" re_target="#">

The problem is "return false" in onclick event.
When I manually change it to "return true", the link works, but I can't suggest our customer to manually edit the onclick event :)

Any suggestions ?
Accepted
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 04 Apr 2014, 06:03 AM
Hello Tono,

The mentioned behavior is indeed a bug in the mentioned version, which is already resolved in the 2014 Q1 SP1 version. I suggest upgrading your Telerik controls suite to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tono
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2014, 09:40 AM
Thank you very much, the new version solved our problem.
T
Tags
AJAX and Web 2.0
Asked by
Tono
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tono
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ianko