This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

7 Answers 1413 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Tonci
Top achievements
Rank 2
Tonci asked on 04 Aug 2011, 05:05 PM
I'm using VS2010 Premim for Web development in ASP.NET 4.0, 3.5SP1, 2.0 and DNN v3-v5.
Last version of JustCode and Rad Controllos from premium package is installed on comp.
On local Internet Information Services 7.5 I have a lots of separate Sites (with app-pools that have Enable 32-Bit Applications=true) for each of my projects eg. http://h1loc/, http://sdloc/, http://sbloc/ etc... and development is going nice and easy until I installed Telerik JustTrace ver. 11.2.713.0. on Windows 7 x64 SP1 Enteprise.

Since than on every local site while browsing I get error like this and development is imposible...

--------------------
Server Error in Application "H1LOC"
--------------------
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
--------------------
Detailed Error Information
Module AspNetInitClrHostFailureModule
Notification BeginRequest
Handler PageHandlerFactory-Integrated
Error Code 0x80004005
Requested URL http://h1loc:80/default.aspx
Physical Path D:\Materijali\H1\Web\Dev\v3\Web\default.aspx
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

---------------------
In windows Event Log are messages like this...

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-IIS-W3SVC-WP
Date:          4.8.2011. 17:33:09
Event ID:      2299
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Tonci-PC.sistemi.corp
Description:
An application has reported as being unhealthy. The worker process will now request a recycle. Reason given: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.  Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
. The data is the error.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-IIS-W3SVC-WP" Guid="{670080D9-742A-4187-8D16-41143D1290BD}" EventSourceName="W3SVC-WP" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">2299</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-04T15:33:09.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>66356</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Tonci-PC.sistemi.corp</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="Reason">An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.  Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
</Data>
    <Binary>05400080</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

----------------------
Than I uninstalled JustTrace and I can not see this problem anymore.

In past I used olders versions of JustTrace without huge problems like this one.

Kind regards
Tonci

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mihail
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2011, 08:00 AM
Hello Tonci ,

Thank you for your feedback and the detailed error information. We are investigating the problem and let you know when we release a fix.

All the best,
Mike
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 14 Aug 2011, 07:09 PM
I just got errors like this too...I'm having performance issues and wanted to profile the app in IIS...something JT did broke every site I have on the server...very very frustrating

Here's the frustration in action: http://www.screencast.com/t/oiYIpnkE8

...all those URLs worked before JT was loaded
gk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Aug 2011, 04:44 PM
Getting the same error as Tonci on my  Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 dev workstation.
The web app is 64 bit:

Detailed Error Information:
Module AspNetInitClrHostFailureModule
Notification BeginRequest
Handler ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0
Error Code 0x80004005

GK
Mihail
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2011, 02:28 PM
Hello Gk,

Thank you for your feedback. Next week we plan to release an internal build that will fix many IIS related problems. I will let you know when we ship it.

Regards,
Mike
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Accepted
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 19 Aug 2011, 09:32 AM
Hello Gk,

We are actively working on this issue and a proper fix is coming very soon.

But you should be able to work around this issue if you change the security permissions of your TEMP folder.

While the profiler is running, it stores the performance data into the temp folder of the interactive user (the one started JustTrace or Visual Studio).
But IIS uses a dedicated account with limited rights so it cannot write into it.

To resolve the problem:

1. Locate your temporary files folder.
* Start Windows Explorer.
* Type %TEMP% in the address bar and press enter. You should be in the folder named like C:\Users\<your-account>\AppData\Local\Temp\1.
* In the LEFT tree view of Explorer, right-click on the directory named "Temp" and select "Properties".
* Sometimes you are right beneath it in a folder named with digits (usually "1") but please, change the security of the "Temp" folder
* Go to Security tab

2. Change permission to allow IIS work accounts access to your temp folder.
* Press the "Edit..." button
* Press the "Add..." button
* In the "From this location" field, select your local computer. By default, this field is set to your Windows Domain.
 * Add the IIS worker account for the App Pool your Asp.net application is using. It should be named like "IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET V4.0 Integrated". Change the name to the proper account for your application
* Alternatively (and not recommended), if you are in a hurry, you may use the special "Everyone" account. But make sure you revert it back after you are done as it may lead to security issues!
* Press OK
* In the lower half of the dialog, check the box for "Modify" and "Allow".
* Press OK
* Press OK

Now your application can write into the temp folder of your interactive account. You should be able to successfully profile your applications.
You must perform this procedure for each Application Pool you want to profile.

Regards,
Todor
the Telerik team

gk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Aug 2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the update and workaround!

TIP:
BTW it's likely that the Account IIS 7.5 uses is a Virtual Account http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/624/application-pool-identities/ .
So if your App pool is the DefaultAppPool the acount name you have to paste into the security "Select Users or Group" dialog box is
"IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool" and click "Check Names" to resolve.

GK
Sebastian Talamoni
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2011, 11:07 AM
Bingo! I had the same problem IIS problem and adding "network service" (identity used for that app pool) to the temp solved the problem.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tonci
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Mihail
Telerik team
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2